Bug 911 Rescue, MAJOR BUG Pro Version Crashes!!

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Just downloaded 911 Rescue (pro version), started to open and went to Pro. Opened the Coin Door to make some adjustments and it crashed!!
Note if one plays the normal game without opening the Pro version, its plays fine the problem is the pro version is corrupted and needs to be fixed!!
Thank U.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Do you have the game through Steam or the App Store?
It crashed when you were in the coin door menu?
What adjustments did you change?

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Do you have the game through Steam or the App Store?
It crashed when you were in the coin door menu?
What adjustments did you change?

Download was from Apple store. Rescue 911 crashed when opening the coin door menu, no selection had yet been made.
Thanks.

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Nice try..
Version 5.9 includes the patch for fixing the bug of getting into the Pro Version of Rescue 911..
However now when playing the Pro version, one cannot exit..
All controls are locked out, only exit is to shut down the system and reboot..

Just my $0.02... ;)

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Nice try..
Version 5.9 includes the patch for fixing the bug of getting into the Pro Version of Rescue 911..

Just my $0.02... ;)

Living Hell!! I know crazy stuff seems to happen every time there is an update and TPA does their best to correct whatever happens that particular month but it would be nice if we (iOS users a and really each system users) were notified what is happening and what the solution is BEFORE we have to find out the hard way. I understand someone has to first find the bug but they could be pro-active and once a bug is discovered let everyone know what's going on and what they are doing to correct it. Am I crazy or does everyone think this is a good idea? I certainly think it will cut down on a lot of the gripeing and *****ing (especially on their Face Book page. ( which is loaded with really annoying users). Very much UNLIKE pinballarcade fans forum which for the most part has users that understand what is going on and do not thrive on complaining.

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Living Hell!! I know crazy stuff seems to happen every time there is an update and TPA does their best to correct whatever happens that particular month but it would be nice if we (iOS users a and really each system users) were notified what is happening and what the solution is BEFORE we have to find out the hard way. I understand someone has to first find the bug but they could be pro-active and once a bug is discovered let everyone know what's going on and what they are doing to correct it. Am I crazy or does everyone think this is a good idea? I certainly think it will cut down on a lot of the gripeing and *****ing (especially on their Face Book page. ( which is loaded with really annoying users). Very much UNLIKE pinballarcade fans forum which for the most part has users that understand what is going on and do not thrive on complaining.

Lets kleer the air...
The problem lies upon Far Sight and poor quality control for software. When debugging software, there are different types of bugs, minor and major. Regarding minor bugs these are typically simpler but still the software will run. But for the major bugs the software doesn't run, it simply don't work which points back to Far Sight for inadequate quality control. Prior to release the software should be tested multiple times on each system as to validate the bug has been fixed. The solution is quite simple and has been posted to far Sight in the past.. Software programming time is a precious resource, as to fix a bug takes time away from the next TPA release.
To repeat the solution is simple..
Far Sight should have 2 or 3 beta testers for each TA version, and the software should be released to them for testing (2) weeks before public release. As once the public release is made, then the complaints mounts and the software needs to be resubmitted provided it passed the validation step. Do it right the 1st time, this is far more positive.

Just my $0.02... ;)

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Nice try..

Just my $0.02... ;)

This is happening when you are playing a game with the Operator Mode On?
Is it at a specific point in the game?
Which adjustments did you change?
Did you try deleting Rescue 911 from Options > Manage Tables? And you now have v3?

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
This is happening when you are playing a game with the Operator Mode On?
Yes

Is it at a specific point in the game?
Game is over and just holds with the last screen displayed.

Which adjustments did you change?
Changed the balls from 3 to 5.

Did you try deleting Rescue 911 from Options > Manage Tables? And you now have v3?
Yup, deleted the game reloaded v3 under version 5.9.

The problem still exists, game remains in the last screen doesn't respond to any keyboard commands. Only solution is to shutdown the system and reboot..

Just my $0.02... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.