Table of the Week Club...Week 57: WHO DUNNIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Last week I asked if anybody could list the final tables left for TotW, can you guess which one no one guessed? That's right, Who Dunnit? Now I do take some blame as I said there were only 4 tables left when there were actually 5, but that's because I kept skipping over Black Knight on my list. So since there are 5 weeks in before the final TotM in the current format, we'll knock out all 5 tables! We'll still only play 4 in the tourney though. Guess which one we won't be playing? For now let's figure out the mystery of whether this table is fun to play or not.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
I get sick of the Black Knight table because on PS4 the ball keeps getting stuck in the lock, I have to call attendant 20 times a game. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite tables. At its current state on PS4 I don't want anything to do with it.

I for some reason thought I was talking about Black Knight... edited as necessary.
Who Dunnit.... it was Trixie. That's all you need to know.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I get sick of this table because on PS4 the ball keeps getting stuck in the lock, I have to call attendant 20 times a game. Otherwise, it's one of my favorite tables. At its current state on PS4 I don't want anything to do with it.

Thanks for the info, Voof. I wouldn't want to play the PS4 BK table that way either.

Edit: Voof you were talking about Black Knight because of a post I deleted after you speaking about the problem on PS4. BK is not that bad on steam for me. I was advocating that BK would be included as part of the last TotM from S-Y-T.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Get your bonus multiplier to the max 25x quickly. Bonus can be huge on this table. Otherwise, multiball multiball multiball.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You can infer a lot about the popularity of a table based on how many responses it gets for TotW. 4 posts and only 150 views? That's gotta be one of the lowest counts I've seen yet of the 57 tables we've featured.

That being said, I haven't booted it up once either, but that's because a) I've been doing 12+ hour days on set this week, and b) there's a brand new PS4 in the house. I'll have to squeeze in a at least one game before announcing next weeks table!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I saw this coming for miles.

Thanks to Pinballwiz45b I have improved my game play.
When the balls were coming back from the right and the left (sling ****s I believe) I was trying to hit the ball right away.
Thanks to the video I can now pass safely from one flipper to the next without having to rush my shot.

Makes hitting the Taxi shot right before the telephone shot for multi ball a lot easier.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Few posts indead, but it's also been the release week of Rescue 911, I was busy with that. I just today put up a 251B game, that's way up from my previous best of 28B. Had a 43B game in between. I actually had no clue where I was scoring-wise while the game was going on, and just squandered the last few EB's. Wish I hadn't when I saw I came up short of a top 10 score. #13 is nice though.
This was my formula:

- Use the plunge trick to score the super skill shot and then drain 3x times. This get you a lock, a clue and a Bonus X (and 100M for a maxed super skill shot) But beware: I was able to do it for a long time at the beginning of the game. Then it seems the game picked up the scent somehow and started to auto-fire a lot after a deliberate drain. This slowed down getting the EB from the clues because the head-start with three clues is huge. You almost always can get the two remaining clues from the ensueing basement multiball (and is always my first focus while playing MB)
- Get the revolver as quick as possible, Elevator level 6 always seems to give it. Other equipment is useful, but nothing beats the Revolver: instead of getting the Basement MB Jackpot up 1M per bumper hit (during the MB), it does 5M. The Jackpot maxes out at 503M (anybody know if that is some magic number? It's an odd number to me). I try to alternate between shooting Jackpots and shooting the left orbit to get bumper hits and a higher Jackpot.
- Solve cases as quickly as possible after getting all the clues, this sets up a new case and a new chance for EB from the clues. The worst thing to do is solving a case while you're still at less then 5 clues, they will reset (I'm not exactly sure about this one)
- Although Rooftop MB can be somewhat profitable if you get a nice 80-100M Jackpot, it's actually catching the killer (and officially "solving the case") that pays out very nice in end of ball bonus. It's X cases solved times 20M, times max 25X bonus, far better than any other thing that contributes to bonus (although collecting clues will add up nicely also over the course of a long game). I think I got up to 15+ solved cases at the end, but it may have been more.
- Play Roulette any time you can. You will lose 40% off them and that will seem huge at the beginning of the game. But further on you can only lose max 2.5B and you will win 60% of the time. The best part of winning a Roulette game may be add 1 Bonus X, although that maxes at 25X. Anyway, I had my end of ball bonus up to 13B+ at the end of the game.
- Playing the slots (Spins or hitting the bumper area via the left orbit when "Nudge Slots" is lit) actually gave me the most EB's and I got those any time in the game, not only at the beginning. I got a lot of EB's from the clues also, but it is hard to earn more EB's from clues than losing balls in between. You only get a 3 clue headstart at the plunge of a new ball, after that you have to earn them the hard way. Remember that Elevator level 2 gives a clue (lights TAXI). Backhanding both orbits and deadpassing the return ball can be a safe way to build up TAXI letters. Just be ready to nudge that pesky left orbit return away from a SDTM drain if it just grazes that last post.

I can't think of more for now, will add if I think of something.

That's all for now for me!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
2 things,
"Freeze clown-boy"
"Come on baby, COME ON" :p

great write up Slam23

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I'll try and put in some time to this in between R911 Tourney play. Who here's in Silver/Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts