NEW UI THIS WEEK be prepared

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
So i'm not sure if the new UI will break the mod..and if so how long before it will work again.
I suggest everyone run the mod and then double click on the mod icon in the taskbar to generate the offline data file.
as well I would suggest backing up your whole steam pinball arcade folder for offline use incase it gets updated when your not around.
then you can run steam in offline mode and restore any overwritten files.

any other ideas to deal with the update please add to this thread

L33

Aug 20, 2014
So i'm not sure if the new UI will break the mod..and if so how long before it will work again.
I suggest everyone run the mod and then double click on the mod icon in the taskbar to generate the offline data file.
as well I would suggest backing up your whole steam pinball arcade folder for offline use incase it gets updated when your not around.
then you can run steam in offline mode and restore any overwritten files.

any other ideas to deal with the update please add to this thread

Noooooooo! I don't like that new interface...and It won't be the same if the mod don't work. :( Is there a way of keeping things the same as they are now and also having the new setup too?

Do you know if there are plans for a new U.I. Mod?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I don't think you can have both.
I have no idea what NoEx's plans are haven't heard from him for a while but I'm hopeful things will work out :).
I was kinda hoping we'd get thru season 5 before the New UI but what can ya do.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Good news, I have just performed some tests with the new UI and the mod, adapted the code a bit and they seem to work properly together, still have a few things to fix but it should be ready when the new UI is officially released.

Pinzzz

Jul 24, 2013
[MENTION=4788]Robert Misner[/MENTION]

Hello,Are you going to release a Camera file and backglass for "Last Action Hero"?.

I Tried for a hour to adjust the camera for LAH and it is nowhere near as good as you get them.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Just disconnected from the internet just in case :) If the new UI is released...Who's gonna be the first to try it and take one for the team! ;)

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
NoEx .... WOW ... you are amazing. You did an absolute fantastic job with the Mod to make it work with the new UI. Unbelievable! Superior work.

:cool::cool::cool:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Wow indeed...although I'm too afraid to try it ha ha. Something goes wrong and my computer knowledge is zero :) Should get round to trying it later on.
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] ...with the changes to the update feature, does this mean the mod will automatically update with no need for us to do anything other than run the mod? And does it mean it updates when TPA updates, or do you still have to make the changes at your end first?

Nice work by the way...I've said this before and I'll say this again...the game just isn't the same without the mod and your hard work is appreciated.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Wow indeed...although I'm too afraid to try it ha ha. Something goes wrong and my computer knowledge is zero :) Should get round to trying it later on.
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] ...with the changes to the update feature, does this mean the mod will automatically update with no need for us to do anything other than run the mod? And does it mean it updates when TPA updates, or do you still have to make the changes at your end first?

Nice work by the way...I've said this before and I'll say this again...the game just isn't the same without the mod and your hard work is appreciated.

Haha don't be afraid, delete PBAFreeCamMod.exe in your mod folder, download the new version manually and open it, extract TPAFreeCamMod.exe & ModUpdater.exe to your mod folder, run the mod as you did before the update.

Yes the future updates will be automatically downloaded when you run the mod, but I still have to make the changes manually.

KendrikTheRed

Jun 15, 2016
Props to you, NoEx. Way to be on top of this, and thanks for your work! Super impressed that the mod works just fine.
...not as impressed with what the UI is gonna do to my launcher work. haha

Whoa. After getting the full mod update, I'm even more impressed. The resize for non-play regions is excellent and appreciated!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.