Pinball Arcade 1.5GB PS4 update?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Does anyone know what this does?
1.12 Update

PS4-PinballArcade1.12Update.jpg

Sound fixes? 3.0 Physics? Hopefully something.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Other changes in this update:

-There is now a light slider instead of just three lighting options
-The monster's head is now animated in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

I could be missing something else as I only checked a few tables. The Gorgar pop bumpers are still always lit, there is no music in Twilight Zone when Greed mode is activated (I think there is a mode in Scared Stiff where the music doesn't play, but I forget which mode because I rarely play that one since I hate the TPA version of it), and the sound still kicks out when calculating large bonuses (related to the popping sound bug) on tables like High Speed. However, the sound and music seemed louder and more clear to me (but this could just be the placebo effect)

Also, I did not notice the ability to drop catch in any of the older tables I played.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's all the new tables.

It adds all of the new table data even if you didn't buy them?
Then what does it download when you purchase Add-On table's?

Other changes in this update:

-There is now a light slider instead of just three lighting options
-The monster's head is now animated in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

I could be missing something else as I only checked a few tables. The Gorgar pop bumpers are still always lit, there is no music in Twilight Zone when Greed mode is activated (I think there is a mode in Scared Stiff where the music doesn't play, but I forget which mode because I rarely play that one since I hate the TPA version of it), and the sound still kicks out when calculating large bonuses (related to the popping sound bug) on tables like High Speed. However, the sound and music seemed louder and more clear to me (but this could just be the placebo effect)

Also, I did not notice the ability to drop catch in any of the older tables I played.

Thanks for the info. I'll play some tables a bit later and see if I notice anything.

I still think an update status log from Farsight would be a good thing instead of having us guess at them, but maybe some of us have fun doing that. :p

So is the new lighting slider comparable to the PC version?
PS4-TPA-Brightness_Slider-vgo.jpg

Also, it seems like the chrome exoskeleton skull in T2 looks shinier. Maybe it's just me. It's been a while since I've played it.
It's also hard to tell from the iPod photo.
PS4-TPA_T2Exoskeleton-better.jpg

Last edited:

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Mars Attacks strobe Multiball now works! Admit I haven't played in a while, so may have been working in previous update.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
It adds all of the new table data even if you didn't buy them?
Then what does it download when you purchase Add-On table's?

Thanks for the info. I'll play some tables a bit later and see if I notice anything.

I still think an update status log from Farsight would be a good thing instead of having us guess at them, but maybe some of us have fun doing that. :p

So is the new lighting slider comparable to the PC version?

Also, it seems like the chrome exoskeleton skull in T2 looks shinier. Maybe it's just me. It's been a while since I've played it.
It's also hard to tell from the iPod photo.

You can control the bulb brightness in the PC version as well as the room lightning.

THE GOOD:

Also PS4 finally has audio sliders!

The BAD:

Cirqus Voltaire: Still has those awful transparent squares that haven't been removed since it was introduced in the first megapatch. (Funny enough, this was fixed in the first patch during the DX11 PC BETA)
Ball still doesn't change color.
Audio pops and crackles that will make you miss the PS4 version before the first ever patch.

If we're keeping check, Cirqus Voltaire should look like this.

PC DX11 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h8X8vP9uc4&feature=youtu.be

Notice the ball matches the neon tube.

Still noticeable transparent squares in Roadshow Pinball and probably High Speed 2.

NEW VISUAL BUG!

A transparent ball is now stuck in the plunger lane for Tales of The Arabian Nights.

Tq7lCCf.jpg

A transparent ball is now stuck in the plunger lane for Space Shuttle. (This sucks because before the patch this table was glitch free)

EHO9NRb.jpg

Here's the real table. No magical transparent white ball here in the plunger lane ;)

vn9z7Xr.jpg

How TOTAN looked before the latest patch. (No transparent ball in plunger lane)

BdSiLVK.jpg

Last edited:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Yup those ugly transparent squares are still there...

The PS4 version is currently the worst/buggiest version available right now.

Think I might cut my losses and just uninstall at this point... Maybe check back in a year.

PC version is definitely the way to go it seems as it gets updated often.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yup those ugly transparent squares are still there...

The PS4 version is currently the worst/buggiest version available right now.

Think I might cut my losses and just uninstall at this point... Maybe check back in a year.

PC version is definitely the way to go it seems as it gets updated often.

I agree 100% on that last statement.

As to uninstalling, that's your decision. I did that, sold my PS4, and haven't regretted it a bit (well, except for missing out on Arcade Archives, but you can't have everything). But if TPA still looks (and sounds) this bad after more than two years out, that should say something about it.

The PS4 version should have been the best one. Maybe the XBox One version is. But the PC version with DX11 is my best buy too.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
It gets worse.

The transparent ball in the plunger lane bug is also in:

Taxi (Ugh), Centaur (Not cool, I loved this glitch free table before the patch) and........

Cirqus Voltaire!!!!! (I had no idea a table could get worse glitches with each new patch. I'm really regretting purchasing this table :()

bZQknIM.jpg

There's probably more tables affected. I haven't checked them all. I'm really bummed about the quality on the PS4 version.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It gets worse.

The transparent ball in the plunger lane bug is also in:

Taxi (Ugh), Centaur (Not cool, I loved this glitch free table before the patch) and........

Cirqus Voltaire!!!!! (I had no idea a table could get worse glitches with each new patch. I'm really regretting purchasing this table :()

bZQknIM.jpg

There's probably more tables affected. I haven't checked them all. I'm really bummed about the quality on the PS4 version.

These extra balls in the plunger lane visual glitches seem quite obvious. I just wonder how something like this could have been overlooked.
I imagine they play test at least some of the tables before giving it the "OK".

I was playing Gorgar and the white ball just popped up in the middle of the lane!

The PS4 deserves better than this! WE deserve better than this!
It has an installed user base of 40,000,000 (40 MILLION!) There are a lot of potential Pinball Arcade fans here. The quality needs to shine here.

The audio pops and crackles are really annoying. I wear headphones while playing and they are quite obvious hard on the ears. I was really hopeful that they were going to be addressed. Same with the Friends sorting on the Leaderboards. The PS4 version should be at least as good as the PS3 version.

With a 1.5GB patch I expected an overhaul. The much needed "Mega Patch 2.0" this is not.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just downloading,i`m getting ready for the Asian football match tonight.i`ll check the update later,my ears are still ringing,been playing Forza6 all day,been a blast !!!:cool:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Circus Voltaire also has a large semi-translucent box blocking the ramp. I assume this isn't normal.
I also see 3 of those larger white pinballs (2 below the flippers and 1 in the plunger lane) they seem to accumulate during play?

This is very strange. Visual bugs that weren't present before are now appearing. :(

wolfson

May 24, 2013
couldn`t wait,looks great except translucent balls,doesn`t worry me,otherwise the slide like the PC version bloody great !!! well done Farsight.now the same for XBOX 1.:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
played those tables ,there fine,just a translucent ball at the plunger,water off a ducks back.it doesn`t stop you playing,it`s not the end of the world!!! now back to watch SYDNEY vs POHANG STEELERS !!! goodnight Irene !!!:cool:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Circus Voltaire also has a large semi-translucent box blocking the ramp. I assume this isn't normal.
I also see 3 of those larger white pinballs (2 below the flippers and 1 in the plunger lane) they seem to accumulate during play?

This is very strange. Visual bugs that weren't present before are now appearing. :(

Wow. It's even worse than I thought.

played those tables ,there fine,just a translucent ball at the plunger,water off a ducks back.it doesn`t stop you playing,it`s not the end of the world!!! now back to watch SYDNEY vs POHANG STEELERS !!! goodnight Irene !!!:cool:

Look I welcome the lighting and audio sliders. That was a most requested feature.

Seeing new [obvious] bugs in the PS4 version is not cool. Myself and others have been waiting years for some of these bugs to be ironed out and giving us more bugs after fixing nothing is not worth any praise. It's not an impossible feat seeing how there are less bugs on other platforms.

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
While I am a Pinball Arcade fan, I am not a Farsight fan (think of it as liking a catchy Pop song but not liking the trashy tabloid attention seeking artist who sings it). While I appreciate people who can switch to PC, I'm not triple dipping with this product. I started with the PS3/Vita, then switched to the PS4. These problems not being fixed after almost 3 years is ridiculous. And no, I don't buy the "they're a small, independent studio stretched thin," or "it's expensive to release patches through Sony and Microsoft." Farsight has had their games on Sony and Microsoft systems for how many years now? They are well aware on how the update system works for each company. Cost is not an excuse. People have invested in their product with their own money. Is it Sony's or Microsoft's fault that Farsight has released a buggy, inferior product? Who's responsible to fix their own game? Farsight is a terrible company when it comes to quality assurance and customer service. Look at Psyonix, the team behind Rocket League? They're a small development team, not much bigger than Farsight. They're constantly uodating their game on the PS4 and the XBOX 1. How many other small independent developers do you see constantly updating their games on these systems? I like indies, and a lot of these games do get frequent updates. Farsight, stop with the excuses and fix your own product, please.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts