The DLC is now free?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
MM and BoP are now free in the PS Store.

I was one of the unlucky ones that bought both packs the second they came out. While I love love love FarSight and their games and will continue to support them, this is avarice. Since the question is going to come up: Should FarSight compensate for the people that did buy that DLC pack by giving those people a voucher for, say, DLC pack 3? Or should they do nothing at all and let it go?

Your thoughts.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I am sure that this must have been some sort of a mistake or misunderstanding, since I saw no announcement that there would be a pricing change at all. I just took a look on my Vita and it is free there too; however if this is intentional then FS has some explaining to do.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Screwed over?
Have you not gotten $5 worth of entertainment value out of those games?

Those games were a BARGAIN at that price.

I don't know if any games are free or if so, for how long...

But I just have to wonder why some folks get so damn worked up if anybody gets anything even slightly cheaper than what they paid.

You bought the games.
ENJOY them.

Life's too short to worry get in a lather over someone else possibly getting a better deal.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's not free. I had this very discussion with someone on Facebook. Since I hadn't purchased it yet, I could see that both DLCs were $4.99. I then placed them in my cart and pressed the button to "continue shopping". The price of the MM/BoP then said free. The other DLC price didn't change, which is what's probably causing the confusion. When I emptied the cart, the price showed up as $4.99 again. It's a bug.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Though you are probably in error , as for the possibility of them offering the old DLC paks free in the future? I'm for it , imagine how many people will buy the core pack game when they understand they get free tables?
It will promote the game further, and give FarSight more finances to license more tables without another kickstarter . Or would you rather the game flop and they stop adding tables ? FarSight would be wise to do something like Jive Time , a table which most state they will not buy, as a freemium , a incentive to buy the game and a gift for those who already did.

Gallow

Jun 30, 2012
It's not a bug. You have already purchased the DLC, thats why its showing up as free. Its free for you to redownload it as many times as you like. Everyone still has to pay the same 4.99 to unlock the dlc

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
It's not a bug. You have already purchased the DLC, thats why its showing up as free. Its free for you to redownload it as many times as you like. Everyone still has to pay the same 4.99 to unlock the dlc

< this , he is correct , the PSN recognises you had the game so it says free , but it's not free for everyone else , just you , to check this ; do you see the red box next to the title in the picture of the store page ? that means you bought it already.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It is a bug. But the bug is that CV/FH is showing $4.99 even after purchasing. Thus the confusion.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Changed the subject of the thread from "FarSight just screwed over early DLC adopters hard." to a more appropriate subject.

In the future, please choose less negative subjects, especially when you may be incorrect with your statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.