The Addams Family Kickstarter Backer Tournament (19/5-28/5)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Heyo.

Everyone eligible should probably have gotten email from Farsight, but just as a heads up the Addams Family backer tournament started today on I think all platforms, and runs for the next 10 days. It looks like an unmodified table with extra balls on, and you have 10 minutes per try with as many tries as you want to go for the highest score you can. Good ballings to everyone!

The platform splits are PSN, Steam, and Mobile. The #1 for every platform type wins an Addams Family translite, and the top 20% get a free Season 5 Pro pass for the platform of their choice. You can only win one translite even if you're somehow a nutter and manage to top more than one platform type.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Heyo.

Everyone eligible should probably have gotten email from Farsight, but just as a heads up the Addams Family backer tournament started today on I think all platforms, and runs for the next 10 days. It looks like an unmodified table with extra balls on, and you have 10 minutes per try with as many tries as you want to go for the highest score you can. Good ballings to everyone!

The platform splits are PSN, Steam, and Mobile. The #1 for every platform type wins an Addams Family translite, and the top 20% get a free Season 5 Pro pass for the platform of their choice. You can only win one translight even if you're somehow a nutter and manage to top more than one platform type.

Okay, so I can win S5 Pro on more than one platform, if I enter on more than one platform? Or will they twig...?

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Same rules for the passes as-well. The odds are currently pretty good considering the amount of participants on each platform. PC only has two players in the tournament right now!

invitro

May 4, 2012
The #1 for every platform type wins an Addams Family translite
WHOA. Now that's a prize! Is it an original translite? Are Tarek or Dizzer or vikingerik playing, or have you got PC all wrapped up? :) I might have to donate to the next KS to get a chance at one.

Hmm, I'm looking at the KS page -> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-the-addams-family/description -> is this tourney the one mentioned here?

"Pledge $75 or more // 9 backers // Everything above PLUS an entry into the exclusive Addams Family® Supporters Tournament! (Held after the Kickstarter is funded with a chance to win a Addams Family® translight signed by the FarSight team) // Estimated delivery: Sep 2015"

Well, $75 is probably a little too much for me. Looks like the translites go for $80-$150 on ebay.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Same rules for the passes as-well. The odds are currently pretty good considering the amount of participants on each platform. PC only has two players in the tournament right now!
It'll be 3 at some point... I think. Just kicked off with an Android attempt.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
WHOA. Now that's a prize! Is it an original translite? Are Tarek or Dizzer or vikingerik playing, or have you got PC all wrapped up?

I'm not actually expecting to win it at all. It's a 10 minute one and I'm not exactly the best player out there. It's fun to have something tangible to compete for though regardless. Also giving a season pro pass to the top 20% is a nice incentive just to play as well. Good luck to everyone participating.

Also yeah $75+ cuts down the competition a lot, but honestly I was going to back that much even without the tournament. It's just a nice bonus.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Looks like some dude already beat the pants off my score. Going to have to try a little harder to make a showing at least I guess.

big_kick

Jun 10, 2013
In TAF Kickbacker, there is more $75+ backers than other Farsight KickStarter because of TAF Gold IMO. I backed $100 for TAFG.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Top score on Android/iOS is 497M(!) from Toolinit. 22 entries so far, makes the top 20% the top 4 (or 5?) places.

My single effort so far was 278M good for 7th.

Looks like ~400M is going to be needed to get in the prizes.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Good luck guys. We want to send one of you a translight! :)

1. Are you rounding up or rounding down when it comes to working out how many players constitute the top 20%?
2. If a player places in the prizes on multiple platforms, will that just result in one fewer season passes being given away overall?
3. How am I supposed to juggle playing TPA, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, and Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC all at once?!

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
1. We will round up to make the chances of getting a pass a little better.
2. Yes. Fewer passes given away overall.
3. NO REST FOR THE WICKED GAMER! :-D

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Current high on steam is 532M, with only 7 participants so far. Since we have 10 days to work on it I expect we'll get a few more along the line though.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I can't edit the title of the thread but just as a heads up the tournament ends on the 27th, not the 28th. I wasn't paying enough attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.