Bug Mac Version 1.0.2 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
After a game of Funhouse, my screen went black after confirming I wanted to post my high score to Facebook. The game could be heard running in the background, I had to quit the game to get the visuals back on the next restart.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
This sounds like a similar problem that happens in iOS. FB is in the background waiting for you to allow TPA to post on your behalf. Try 'Command - Tab' and see if it'll come to the foreground.

Edited after I downloaded the update and saw it firsthand on my machine. I was in fullscreen mode and had the black screen with MM music playing in the background. Nothing I tried would get past that point.

So I went to the sign in menu and was able to log in to FB. This is the screen that ultimately came up in FB, though.

Pinball Hall of Fame is under construction. Please try again later.
Pinball Hall of Fame is under construction. Please try again later.
Message for Developers Only:
To fix this error, please set your Connect URL in your app's settings. Once it has been set, users will be redirect to that URL instead of this page after logging in.
Go HomeFind another game

Obviously, that was all in a FB formatted page, but you get the point.

It still wouldn't let me back to play another game without quitting.

Last edited:

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Can someone please post a few screen shots? The Appstore info isn't terribly visually descriptive.

Cheers!

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
Here you go...

tpamac1.png

tpamac2.png

tpamac3.png

tpamac4.png

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Thank you very much ridcully, I think I'll grab it for my macs as well after seeing those.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Here's a question for someone from FS: Why are the ramps and wireframes on BoP and ToTAN nice and smooth while the ones on CV and ToM look like they were drawn with Tetris blocks? Isn't everyone using the same technology to capture and reproduce these parts?

I'm very happy to see progress on the Mac version, but would like to know when the FB integration issue will be resolved. Of course, you could do away with it altogether since Game Center will be on the Mac soon.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
Actually you can increase the detail level to 2 and also turn on post processing. However, for me these settings are not saved. When you turn on post processing, the tables are a lot darker.

tpamac1post2.png

Jul 2, 2012
Medieval Madness: there's a grand canyon between flippers :eek:

General: returning from a table menu into the main menu takes forever (sometimes more than 10 seconds) and freezes the whole machine while it's stuck. There seems to be some kind of memory leak causing this, at least I haven't seen TPA use 2 GB of my memory before.

Last edited:

J_R

May 31, 2012
all new tables plays in slow-motion on my computer (macbook pro santa rosa 4 gb RAM) the old one plays just fine...

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Actually you can increase the detail level to 2 and also turn on post processing. However, for me these settings are not saved. When you turn on post processing, the tables are a lot darker.

tpamac1post2.png

Looks way better than the earlier shots you posted, those look like the iOS version, this here looks quite nice! Can you finally actually read the lights on RBION with post processing on? Because on the iOS version I find it impossible to tell, even on the big 3x3 grid. On the 360 I can read the playfield just fine, so I'm hoping it's the same on the Mac update.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
There seems to be a bug with the graphics settings. They are always resetted, when I start Pinball Arcade. So I did not notice the change, when i first created the Screenshots...

The Screenshot from Bride of the Pin*Bot is in a move. When you see it in the game, it "feels" a little bit smoother. I can read most of the texts. However, some texts are to small to read...

The screenshot is in the original resolution the game runs on the mac - 1080p. They are scaled down by the Browser to fit in the forum layout. You can download them, and try to read the text on your own.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Does this version support joypads? Last time I played the Mac version I used some joypad to keyboard mapping program, but I don´t really like to use stuff like that.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I just tried a Logitec Joypad. I can nudge and plunger, but the flippers are NOT working! At least with the Logitec Joypad it is not playable...

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I found another bug. When you start the app, it starts in Window mode. When you start a game, and go to fullscreen while a game is running, the DMD does not show in the upper left corner. It keeps it position from the window. It is also smaller, than it would be in fullscreen. Exiting the table, and choose another table (or choose this table again) fixes the DMD.

TheTenthEnemy

Apr 25, 2012
I just tried a Logitec Joypad. I can nudge and plunger, but the flippers are NOT working!

I can activate the flippers, but I wouldn't say they "work." To activate the flippers I have to press in the analogue sticks. Gamepad support should have been their first priority for the update IMO.

As for bugs, I still can't nudge while holding a flipper up!

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I can activate the flippers, but I wouldn't say they "work." To activate the flippers I have to press in the analogue sticks.

Holy ****! I never noticed, that you can press the analogue sticks... This is working on the Logitec Joypad too...

However, this is nothing which is playable. I was not able to use the left flipper without nudging... Now i always get a tilt, or lose the ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.