BlahCade 58: Virtual Pinball For Real, or VPCabs Interview.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Jared and Chriss,that was great.while I was listening I was checking the sight.the Wizard looks great !!!I ordered my PlayStation VR and Gran Turismo Sport,i`m going to see if and what games come to the VR.i`m really thinking about the Wizard,i`ll just leave it on the backburner for the time being.once again thanks boys,FANTASTIC !!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I honestly thought we were going to have Brad on for 15 minutes tops. Next thing I know, we're running long and he's going strong! Was a lot of fun to talk to.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Great episode, not sure if it's an i-tunes issue but podcast seems to jump around when I pause it. The total time listing is 1hr 49mins.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] I heard you wanted to bat a pinball controller around so here's a project almost anyone could afford. 15USD for the microcontroller, wire up some real 2/5?USD buttons and make a housing for it but the shooter rod part would double the price, at least 22USD minimum for the assembly.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
this is a 3x-to-5x listen, just to make an amazing set of notes from! epic interview! kudozzz, crew!! :)

p.s. JHFC, "1000-WATT SOUND"?? 36:55 in... i repeat, JHFC!!

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
this is a 3x-to-5x listen, just to make an amazing set of notes from! epic interview! kudozzz, crew!! :)

p.s. JHFC, "1000-WATT SOUND"?? 36:55 in... i repeat, JHFC!!
Wow, thanks mate. What tickled your fancy about this the most? Are you a real cabinet mod fan?

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
b'oh, hey jared! sorry i only just noticed your message heah...

re pb virtual-cabs: nooo i'm like the dudes who read about the hot cars, but can't afford them! :) but they sure are kewl and interesting, and perhaps "certainly" the future of pb.

(plus, i once again must assert: "1000-WATT SOUND-SYSTEM"?!? on a virtual PB????? lol, that's enough to blast away a small soundstage... that just blew me away to hear that! not heard one of theirs personally, but i'd almost doubt i'd like to hesr 1000 watts at full volume from such a small space as a pb top! i have a couple of 200-watt speakers in storage that i've little home-use for anymore, so that factoid just literally "blew me away," like the old maxell-tape ads or whatever... ;0)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv1PxInJnY

anyhow! these viddy-pbs are pretty keen, especially those IR-tracking baseball-hats that force-feedback the image on the tables to your perspective... that got nicely demonstrated in a cab-thread recently; i just -love- that kinda shiz... :)

just because that VP guy had so much good and interesting stuff to say (especially since i'm just a scant 100 miles or so west of 'im! i found his comment about the "one of the biggest CP shows" i guess east of vegas being in indy was very interesting; makes it something i'd like to try to get to next time)... i said "3-to-5x listening note-taking" because, if i'd only had said "a noteworthy episode" - it would've sounded weak! it deserved more of a punch.

the whole "i'd like to open a pinball/bar-cade" thing, makes me think... so, we see a lot of "sports bars" that have fifteen HD screens all tuned to whichever channel, but, because they don't have a "cover charge", they get away with it...

so, if a place offers free PB/virtual PB, but offers "free play" - BUT, has to have a "cover charge" ("5 bucks at the door; all you can play" NOT ALLOWED?) - it would still fall afoul of industry licensing/surcharge? i'm just wondering along these line... i'd love to see a cinci VP product say in my local uni Student Union next to the RW pbs they've got. and wondering what laws govern doing so...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts