Fun Youtube vid I made comparing PS2 Funhouse and PS3 TPA versions

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012

So for the new TPA fans who have never seen the PHOFWC on any of the consoles , here's a easy reference to see how the 5 year old PS2 version matches up with the new and improved PS3 version.

Im aware that Williams Collection is also on PS3 , but it's a rare game and is in a price range Im not going to pursue ($50- $90) . Anyways have fun and thanks for watching.:D

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I sold mine on ebay for double what I paid. Now that money's funding TPA. Circle of life. I still have my XB360 copy tho'. That doesn't seem to be selling at as high a price.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Seeing that video confirmed for me that the PS3 version is far too dark. The playfield simply does not look like that in real life. It just doesn't. The one from the PS2 version is far more accurate.

Now, the LIGHTING in the TPA PS3 version is good - all the effects and flashing and all that is terrific. But the playfield just isn't right.

Tabe

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Seeing that video confirmed for me that the PS3 version is far too dark. The playfield simply does not look like that in real life. It just doesn't. The one from the PS2 version is far more accurate.

Now, the LIGHTING in the TPA PS3 version is good - all the effects and flashing and all that is terrific. But the playfield just isn't right.

Tabe

Hey Coach:), if your TPA on your PS3 really is as dark as in those videos, you may want to check the brightness on your TV. All YouTube vids are knowingly too dark, and TPA on my PS3 is nowhere near as dark as in those vids.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Hey Coach:), if your TPA on your PS3 really is as dark as in those videos, you may want to check the brightness on your TV. All YouTube vids are knowingly too dark, and TPA on my PS3 is nowhere near as dark as in those vids.
It's false to say that ALL youtube videos are knowingly too dark. The ones I've uploaded myself were unchanged for brightness.

That said, TPA on my TV isn't as dark as in the video but it's still too dark - and the problem is most definitely not the brightness on my TV.

Tabe

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's false to say that ALL youtube videos are knowingly too dark. The ones I've uploaded myself were unchanged for brightness.

That said, TPA on my TV isn't as dark as in the video but it's still too dark - and the problem is most definitely not the brightness on my TV.

Tabe

Sorry, I meant all TPA YouTube videos are too dark. Even the ones put out by FarSight. And being that you made the comment that the video confirmed to you it was too dark, well then I had to make mention of it. So y'know, there's that. It's too bad it's not the brightness setting on your tv. I really like it on mine. Here's to hoping FS really does create a lighting option.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
My brightness was set to 40 , because you keep saying its too low I cranked her up to 50 , see if you see a difference next videos

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Sorry, I meant all TPA YouTube videos are too dark. Even the ones put out by FarSight. And being that you made the comment that the video confirmed to you it was too dark, well then I had to make mention of it.
Even without "Youtube videos being too dark", the playfield is too dark. Sitting there in my man cave playing Funhouse, the playfield is just too dang dark.

Tabe

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm saying it looks awesome. Btw Tabe, I'm looking at your scores there, do you not like CV?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm saying it looks awesome. Btw Tabe, I'm looking at your scores there, do you not like CV?
No, I like it just fine. I'm showing a zero because I haven't played it since the night I got the DLC and can't remember my high score! :)

Tabe

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I changed some of the HDMI settings on my PS3 (under settings -> display settings) and it doesn't look so dark now. A bit washed out, but easier to see.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts