Mac version is out

Jay

May 19, 2012
Just downloaded the Mac update and got Funhouse and Cirqus Voltaire. After five consecutive games on Funhouse, here are my observations: the game is a lot harder than the iOS version. Only on my fifth game was I able to hit the hallway. The ball just didn't seem to want to go there. I'm sure it could be bad playing on my part, but I don't recall ever having so much trouble hitting the hallway. Also, the ball seems to drain down the middle far more frequently. My average game on iOS is usually around 30 million (my current high is 83 million), but on the Mac I averaged about 6 million.

On the plus side, the table looks beautiful! Game play seems smooth. It's interesting how the ball on the Mac looks like it's made of brushed steel; it never struck me that way on the iOS version. Maybe it's just so much bigger on my Mac....

Last edited:

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Are you sure about the ball? Just had a quick game to check, and on my machine it has a dynamic reflection effect.

Also, hit the hallway 3 consecutive shots with the left flipper; practice practice practice!
Never played the iOS version, so I can't comment on the difficulty but I've played a lot of Blackhole, it has a lot of small targets so that helped develop my shooting skills.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Yeah, I modified my original post. I think I'm mixing up the ball with Zen's bright shiny one. You're right: the reflections are there. As for the table's difficulty, maybe I just need to play more. ;)

Edit: I guess playing more helps. I got a new personal record: 87,403,970.

Last edited:

TheTenthEnemy

Apr 25, 2012
I am actually very disappointed with the difficulty of Funhouse. I've never got over 8 million on the real table, but my first game in TPA ended at 42 million. Something seems wrong; if I'm bad at pinball, I should be bad at a realistic simulation of pinball as well. Funhouse and Cirqus Voltaire play like they're on the moon. Is the hallway the loop around Rudy for the jackpot? I can't even come close to hitting that shot in TPA.

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
I just tried Bride of Pin*Bot on Mac and broke my high score on the iPhone on the fith or sixs game. For me it seem's the Mac version is a little bit easier. But maybe it is just a feeling, because i played a lot of pinball games on the computer before...

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Finally spent some time playing Funhouse. It's amazing! It's as good as I hoped it would be.

I'm totally content to play this for the next few months, any other DLC can wait.

Only hit 13 Million so far, I don't think it's easy. Some people have some huge scores, 200 million plus!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.