BlahCade 61: U and I Gotta Talk

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I actually thought that they were saving flipper physics 3.0 for the new ui. Since you have to download all of the tables anyway, Farsight may as well update the tables. But after dabbing around on the new ui on iOS, it didn't seem like they implemented physics 3.0 on any of the two tables that I briefly played. I am starting to think that they will never add flipper physics 3.0 on mobile.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
2 things about Zaccaria pinball to clearify: The price for the Gold version on Steam is €40 not €45. Still double the price of the Gold version they asked on Android (and on the early access page they state the prices will increase after it's out of early access).

Secondly, we were talking about the leaderboards on Android being not showing a competitive picture because they are the same no matter which settings you use. On Steam they actually have seperate leaderboards for 3 balls (arcade mode), 3 balls (simulation), 5 balls (arcade mode), 5 balls (simulation) and custom settings.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
On Steam they actually have seperate leaderboards for 3 balls (arcade mode), 3 balls (simulation), 5 balls (arcade mode), 5 balls (simulation) and custom settings.

What's the difference between arcade, simulation and user mode? I haven't figured this out yet..

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
What's the difference between arcade, simulation and user mode? I haven't figured this out yet..

Arcade is basically the default mode used in the Zaccaria app, no changes whatsoever.

Simulation is the shortening of the two flippers, but I'm not sure what other changes are brought about in this mode.

User is your own defined physics settings.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
One thing you guys mentioned on the podcast is that Zaccaria on mobile has swipe nudge but TPA on mobile does not. Were you just referring to Android? I have no experience with Android, but I have been using swipe nudge with TPA on iOS since half way through season 3 if I recall correctly. Surprised if it isn't included in the Android version as well. Much better than touch which nudges with full force or shake which doesn't work at all.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yep just checked on Android we have touch, shake, and off as options for nudging. I use swipe on Zacc because their nudge zones are too high up.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Yep just checked on Android we have touch, shake, and off as options for nudging. I use swipe on Zacc because their nudge zones are too high up.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking Eldar. Since that is the case i feel iOS users are at a definite advantage over Android users when competing for high scores and in mobile tournaments. Unless of course the Android user is playing with a controller. If you get good at it swipe nudging can be fairly effective and is in my opinion the best way to implement nudging on mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts