Bug Slight problem with 10" Lenovo K1 Tegra 2 Tablet

Richard Crockett

Jul 8, 2012
Hi all, I really didn't know where to put this as it's really is a cross-OS issue. I have a Tegra 2 based Lenovo K1 10.1" tablet with Android Honeycomb 3.2.1 on it that works great for most Apps. The issue with TPA is that for some strange reason it insists that it's a Kindle Fire. I know I'm not getting the most out of my platform for TPA as the Kindle fire is limited hardware wise when compared to the device I'm actually playing the App on. Any way to get TPA to recognize my device as a Tegra 2 powered tablet instead of a Kindle fire would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
I would suggest putting this is the Android section. Do any other apps experience the same issue?

FAKE EDIT: Did a little research, your tablet is not that much better than a Kindle Fire.

Richard Crockett

Jul 8, 2012
Well it has a much better processor and twice the DDR2 Ram. It should be able to run the Android version without even breaking a sweat. I have both the Kindle Fire and the Lenovo Tablet and from my own experience the Lenovo can run all the Tegra HD apps that the Fire can't. This is the first App that I've ever experienced this issue out of hundreds that I've tried. Anyways it's not a major issue as I can still play I just thought that this issue should be brought to light. A lot of people with true Android devices may be running the Kindle version and not even know it. I didn't until I was messing around in the menus and found out purely by chance.

Richard Crockett

Jul 8, 2012
Well I figured it out and it was basically my own stupidity coupled with the wonky menu system. I am running the Android version but for some reason it gives you instructions on one untitled button in the options menu for rebooting a Kindle Fire to fix issues. This lead me to believe i was running the Fire version. This info should only display in the Fire version as it's bound to confuse others like myself that stumble across it. Sorry about that and this thread can sink to the depths of the forum never to be seen again as far as I'm concerned. Cheers!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah that was actually a ui bug, that was simply an informational screen, made no change to the device.

Richard Crockett

Jul 8, 2012
yeah that was actually a ui bug, that was simply an informational screen, made no change to the device.

Thank you for the reply Ryan and I absolutely love what you guys have done preserving these great machines for the future. Being a programmer myself I can appreciate all of the hard work you guys have done not only to digitally recreate all of these great pinball machines but also to do it across a wide variety of platforms. That is no easy task... I know from personal experience. There are some problems with the emulation on some tables but to get as close as you have is outstanding work. I don't think a lot of people here can truly appreciate what a monumentally complicated task it is to do what you've done with the huge amount of physics going on just on one table. To have that running on a phone or tablet damn near flawlessly is truly amazing. Keep up the great work and I hope to see a lot more great tables in the future.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts