PC SGDQ MLPINBALL TPA Tournament

Lord Squeak

Feb 5, 2016
http://www.mlpinball.com/

Sign up here to take part in the tournament taking place during the Summer Games Done Quick event SGDQ
This is a tournament with a chance to win a price if you place in the top. (check link for more info)

It will be afaik on PC Steam only, and if you sign up with your steam email, it should make the tables available during the tournament even if you don't own them.
PinballJoe is the guy in charge of setting this awesome tournament up , so don't miss his stream during SGDQ for more info and some awesome pinball speedrunning (on real tables) http://www.Twitch.tv/pinballjoe

Good Luck

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
The link says its open for Mac on Steam as well, but the Mac Version hasn't updated to the new UI yet. I have all the tourney tables free to play now, which is nice, but no tourney is available. This is reportedly standard issue for mac users. Any word on a mac update Farsight?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
But that link doesn't show anything.

It's actually somewhat interesting not knowing where you rank mid tourney. Makes you ask yourself, "is that good enough or do I try again?"

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
But that link doesn't show anything.

It's actually somewhat interesting not knowing where you rank mid tourney. Makes you ask yourself, "is that good enough or do I try again?"

It doesn't show anything on the overall when you first click. Change to a game then back to overall and it should work.

Dirty Frank

Feb 20, 2013
The link says its open for Mac on Steam as well, but the Mac Version hasn't updated to the new UI yet. I have all the tourney tables free to play now, which is nice, but no tourney is available. This is reportedly standard issue for mac users. Any word on a mac update Farsight?

Mac is farsights red headed stepchild

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
This is totally awesome, just joined and about to play :) great idea and very generous, big thanks to those putting this on

invitro

May 4, 2012
This tourney is off the hook. I finally registered and got in last night... I was a little wary at first because, well, I don't know. Five-minute games are a little crazy, and make me think there would be a big luck factor. But the usual suspects, plus Voof crossing over from PSN, and maybe some others, are on top.

The mlpinball page has a second prize: PRIZE: Place in the top 100 for a chance to win a SIGNED Stern Translite and there are pics of Walking Dead, Star Trek, and Metallica. (I know I would pick Metallica if given those choices.)

For anyone having any trouble registering: I did have to go to http://twitch.tv/pinballjoe and ask the folks there to add me, before I was able to get in the tourney. And to get in, click the gamepad on the new GUI, this shows a button for tourneys. You have unlimited tries, and the scoring is the same as in regular TPA tourneys (although the mlpinball page says points go 100, 90, 85, 84, 83, ..., this happens only when there are less than about 80 players in a tier; this tourney has 267 players right now, so the drop in points after 85 is less than 1 point).

The mlpinball page says the tourney stop time is July 13th 1am CST, but the timer on the http://pinballarcade.com/InvitationalTournaments/ page calculates to 2016-07-12tu 8:00pm (ET) for me.

I am stinking it up except for a #6 on CftBL. I wish I had started sooner :).

Here's an invitation to @Tarek Oberdieck, @vikingerik, and @JPelter to join in the fun. The leader right now is Voof, and he's not even a real PC player, so we can't let him win, and I'm not gonna beat him :).

For posterity: there are 10 tables in the tourney: AFM, Big Shot, CftBL, Dr. Dude, El Dorado (1975), Gorgar, Harley, Theatre of Magic, TotAN, and TX-Sector. I guess it is a pretty good selection, but they seem to have grabbed the tables I'm not good at... I'm out of the top 50 on only 13 tables, but six of those are in this tourney :rolleyes:. Maybe it's a good time to get good on those six...

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Oh wait what. Thanks for mentioning me in the post invitro. I somehow totally blanked out on this. I guess I'll give it a try just for funsies tomorrow.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Here's an invitation to @Tarek Oberdieck, @vikingerik, and @JPelter to join in the fun. The leader right now is Voof, and he's not even a real PC player, so we can't let him win, and I'm not gonna beat him .

I saw the tournament announcement a few days ago and thought this was a local tournament during some pinball expo. Can I play from home? Does it work like the regular TPA tournaments? The MSI gaming laptop would be nice to play TPA in DX11. :p

For posterity: there are 10 tables in the tourney: AFM, Big Shot, CftBL, Dr. Dude, El Dorado (1975), Gorgar, Harley, Theatre of Magic, TotAN, and TX-Sector. I guess it is a pretty good selection...

Hmm. :eek: not bad, not best...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No, don't invite the good players! I'm having a hard enough time cracking the top 50 :D

Actually it would be nice to see more forum names that I recognize show up in the results. Apparently being able to host private tourneys is a new thing FarSight is able to offer thanks to the new UI. They are hoping to be able to have regular users set up their own tourneys too sometime down the line. I hope this is true as I might be inclined to fire up TotM again then.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I saw the tournament announcement a few days ago and thought this was a local tournament during some pinball expo. Can I play from home? Does it work like the regular TPA tournaments? The MSI gaming laptop would be nice to play TPA in DX11. :p

Tarek: it works just like regular TPA tournaments, yes, except for the registration process, it's 10 tables and only 5 minutes each, and it looks a little different. It's a regular TPA tournament, that they've slightly modified for these "private" tourneys. So yes, you can play from home. I know the webpage is a little confusing.

The laptop prize appears to be a random drawing from among the top 50 players. I'm just saying this in case you thought it went to the winner. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
While I'm inviting, I don't see [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION], [MENTION=4106]EldarOfSuburbia[/MENTION], or [MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] on the leaderboard either :).

The person at the twitch page who seemed to be in charge and added me was SweetVanaya. I just said something in chat like "i just registered for the tourney at mlpinball.com, could you add me please?", and the tourney button opened the tourney in TPA about 15 minutes later.

Hope to see other PAF people there...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
go show them hows its done boys! GOOOoooo TPAFF ermmm *swings pom poms*

Fyi its lovely to see such nice little laptop as incentive. for those that are curious yes its powerful enough for dx11 at full settings at 60fps even when using streaming services..so well worth that extra few games to place top 50. may the luck of the irish be with you all.

**Ive a few gripes with the overal quality of msi machines but more than servicable, you will get lots of power, but your milage with sound(very low quality with the shielding of a 10 dollar special) and keyboard(i dunno if its me but it feels very plasticky and and un responsive, but hey full mechical switches till i die) will vary...literally from machine to machine.***

cheers big ears

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
How is that working? Do I need to use a different mail-address than I use usually for TPA to get special tournament settings?

/edit: ah, now I understand, it's a promoted tournament in TPA, so I just use my normal e-mail address which I use in TPA

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not feeling the love for tournaments right now. Had a marathon game of Red&Ted this morning (marathon by my standards at least). Good luck everyone!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.