BlahCade 66: No Good Gottliebs (Premier)

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015

That link works.

As a tip: some sections for release notes do require more detail. For example, "added more controller support ..." should be fleshed out to say what controller support has been added. I recall testing that build with a controller and there was next to nothing for UI based controller support. The way it is implied is that there is now a way to actually navigate the UI with a controller and that just isn't happening.

There are still only 4 things you can do with a controller, outside of game control:

You can use the controller to get past the touch to start screen and the perpetual what's new screen following.
You can use a controller to minimize the game
You can open the options menu from within a game, but cannot navigate it
You can use the controller to exit out of a selected table.

No navigation, no way to control or select options, no way to change game setup.
All in all, there is absolutely no added controller support until one or all of these three basic functions are possible.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That link works.

As a tip: some sections for release notes do require more detail. For example, "added more controller support ..." should be fleshed out to say what controller support has been added. I recall testing that build with a controller and there was next to nothing for UI based controller support. The way it is implied is that there is now a way to actually navigate the UI with a controller and that just isn't happening.

There are still only 4 things you can do with a controller, outside of game control:

You can use the controller to get past the touch to start screen and the perpetual what's new screen following.
You can use a controller to minimize the game
You can open the options menu from within a game, but cannot navigate it
You can use the controller to exit out of a selected table.

No navigation, no way to control or select options, no way to change game setup.
All in all, there is absolutely no added controller support until one or all of these three basic functions are possible.

Who are you on Google Plus (your user name)? Didn't even realise you were in the android testers group. Use the nickname feature in your G+ profile if you want to identify yourself.

Did you see the expanded release details in the latest newsletter? It still could do with some extra detail, but it's a start. I don't see why FarSight can't just add this into the What's New section, right? 😉

Also, did you notice that you can now back out fully between game end > Local Scores > final score > flyover now. That's been something I've been asking for, new UI aside.

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Who are you on Google Plus (your user name)? Didn't even realise you were in the android testers group. Use the nickname feature in your G+ profile if you want to identify yourself.

Did you see the expanded release details in the latest newsletter? It still could do with some extra detail, but it's a start. I don't see why FarSight can't just add this into the What's New section, right? 

Also, did you notice that you can now back out fully between game end > Local Scores > final score > flyover now. That's been something I've been asking for, new UI aside.

No involvement with the testers group required for build 2.01.3

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ah you're talking about the GA version. When you were using the terminology of build I just assumed.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
heh! hey i'm just catching up with old epis today (been crazy-busy the past month!) - just listening toward the end about what your kids are into watching, and tuned into "battle for dream island" - ADD VIDEOGAME IP gold, lol! :) reminded me of something from the "old days" of the net, "big bunny":

maybe too slow-paced for the youngsters these days! ;) a little more dark-humored though for us oldbies.

keep rockin' the podcast guys!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
heh! hey i'm just catching up with old epis today (been crazy-busy the past month!) - just listening toward the end about what your kids are into watching, and tuned into "battle for dream island" - ADD VIDEOGAME IP gold, lol! :) reminded me of something from the "old days" of the net, "big bunny":

maybe too slow-paced for the youngsters these days! ;) a little more dark-humored though for us oldbies.

keep rockin' the podcast guys!
Thanks mate. Big Bunny is certainly, erm, unique.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
After a 2 or 3 year hiatus, BFDI just returned with a new episode yesterday. Kids that make it clearly have used that time to learn way better animation techniques, quite possibly how to write too!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.