whats Steren Pinall Arcade???

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
whats Stern Pinall Arcade???
i has been known have a game named "Stern Pinall Arcade",but where i can download free trials?
why some newest Stern tables are separate form Pinball Arcade? in fact i do not hope that happen,i hope several pinball manufacturer are pulled together become a big pinball game,not hope in future have like:
Stern Pinall Arcade
Bally Pinall Arcade
Gottlieb Pinball Arcade
Williams Pinball Arcade
XXX Pinball Arcade
many separate games make me confused
:confused: :(

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Stern Pinball Arcade hasn't been released yet. It's Farsight's latest project. Due in the fall, I believe. ACDC, Star Trek, Ripley's, and Ghostbusters (eventually). Pretty cool. Upgraded ball physics are promised sometime after initial SPA release, which is exciting.

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
Stern Pinball Arcade hasn't been released yet. It's Farsight's latest project. Due in the fall, I believe. ACDC, Star Trek, Ripley's, and Ghostbusters (eventually). Pretty cool. Upgraded ball physics are promised sometime after initial SPA release, which is exciting.
thanks,but it still will included Bally Gottlieb Williams tables be together on a happy occasion?or only Stern tables?

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
i want say if finially answer is NO,that obvious Stern want monopolize pinball games market by its app
:rolleyes:

invitro

May 4, 2012
弹珠台;245146 said:
thanks,but it still will included Bally Gottlieb Williams tables be together on a happy occasion?or only Stern tables?
The Pinball Arcade will still have everything except Stern, Sega (probably), and Data East (probably) tables that have not been released for TPA yet. Those will go into Stern Pinball Arcade.

It is OK that it will be a separate program, as this was a requirement of Stern's, and without Stern's help it would have been much longer until we saw the newer Stern tables, if ever.

Stern Pinball Arcade has already been released for some Virtual Reality device. It is expected to be released for other platforms sometime this fall. We are all excited to be able to play AC/DC, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters. Those are the newer Sterns that have been announced, and presumably more will follow, if Stern Pinball Arcade makes money, anyway.

Are there new Stern pinball machines where you are in China? Sorry if you have answered already. We are curious. :)

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
before first time i understand real pinball machines is by Microsoft Pinball Arcade,after i had played Pinball Hall of Fame on PS2,that game made me seen more tables,until now i'm playing The Pinball Arcade
i live in JinZhou LiaoNing:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinzhou
a China small city ,so i no chance to seen a real pinball machine,still mainly by games

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Thank you for the information and your location. I like to learn more geography. I see that LeBron James is popular in Manchuria, too :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The biggest difference with Stern Pinball Arcade will be how FarSight builds the tables for the game. Stern is sending them CAD files and all the artwork, so the tables will be exactly the proper dimensions. In the past, FarSight needed the physical table to take apart and photograph everything. Now they only need the machine to ensure they have the ball movement tuning correct. No need for ROM emulation either, as Stern is providing the source code. This should make the tables run better by using less processing power of your device.

No one knows exactly what this means for Sega and Data East tables, whether they will still come to TPA or not. Also, it is highly unlikely CAD files exist for those machines either, unless Stern has been creating their own in case they ever wanted to do a legacy run of older machines. From what I've heard, Ripley's is supposed to look and play way better than it ever has, and that MS Frankenstein does too, despite it being one of FarSight's newer builds. What is for certain is that the digital resources Stern is providing will cut down greatly on the build time the FarSight team needs. It also means they can have brand new tables released day and date or even before release of physical machines since they won't have to actually get their hands on one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.