since its so far behind

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
how about releasing the pc version with all tables already released and charge like $50 for it. that would be much better than having to wait for the dlc to catch up.

do you think we will see a pc release first or the tz table first?

any info would be nice.

it would be nice to hear from a farsite employee

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
But isn't there only $25 worth of tables right now?

Yes, that's true now, but he's predicting there will be a lot more DLC by the time the PC version is actually released. Cabinet support might also be more expensive to implement, especially when you consider how few people would actually take advantage of this feature.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I wouldn't. I'd rather they made an original release of 10 bucks as per usual with all DLC directly available.

I already have all the tables on one console. On PC I probably would only want a few tables (no Gorgar or BoP to begin with, no Blackhole either if possible) . With a 25/50 bucks all-tables release I would skip on it completely.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Let me clarify...
It would be awesome to get the PC releases the same price as they are on the consoles.
I would gladly pay $50 bucks NOW to get them all rather than waiting for whatever timeline is in place to get them later...

That's if they are identically functional games.

If there are all the extras that have been requested to allow them to function as part of a multi-monitor cabinet build, with digital inputs and outputs available to interface with real hardware... I'd still gladly pay the $50!

Heck... the current price structure is a BARGAIN for what we are getting. I wouldn't beat myself up worrying about someone getting it cheaper than me if the PC versions WERE more expensive than the other consoles and hand-held versions.

I'll leave the waaaah, you got it cheaper than me mess for the people posting on Facebook.

Last edited:

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
Considering the opinions above, I wouldn't argue against FS releasing a version that's a port of what has already been released, along with a TPA "Pro" version that includes the much desired cabinet features. Of course the "Pro" portion could always be sold as an upgrade for the regular version.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
If the PC version had 2 or 3-screen cabinet or there was a special cabinet version, I would be prepared to pay $200 for a dozen tables.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
If the PC version had 2 or 3-screen cabinet or there was a special cabinet version, I would be prepared to pay $200 for a dozen tables.

I would be prepared to pay through a DLC type system for cabinet features as they were created. $5 for real DVD support, $2 for plunger support, $10 for LEDWiz support, etc.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Charging extra for cabinet features sounds like a good plan, since implementing them is a significant cost, for features only a fraction of the population would ever use.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It makes me sad that people here are piping about how few would actually use them. Really you don't need an expensive rig to get basic cabinet support.

Here's a video i upped when i got VP working as a basic cab configuration using nothing but my laptop, a 22" lcd and a rollup keyboard (and my speakers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_DXE9vngc

I'll probably update the video and make it more of an actual "How-to" at some point...but editing video on my now aging lappy is painfully long and uploading video to youtube on my pitiful DSL connection is an overnight affair.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It makes me sad that people here are piping about how few would actually use them. Really you don't need an expensive rig to get basic cabinet support.

Here's a video i upped when i got VP working as a basic cab configuration using nothing but my laptop, a 22" lcd and a rollup keyboard (and my speakers).

I'll probably update the video and make it more of an actual "How-to" at some point...but editing video on my now aging lappy is painfully long and uploading video to youtube on my pitiful DSL connection is an overnight affair.
Um, holy **** but that's the best idea ever! Makes so much sense and is so simple (ish), I have no idea why no-one else had thought of it sooner. Can I ask what spec PC you're running?

PS. You have good taste in tables _b

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
My laptop is just a core 2 duo at 2GHz with an HD Radeon 2600 Pro (mobile). By all means not a powerful machine. Some of the newer and fancier tables will have a bit of stutter to them especially when running active backglasses.

For the most part though, everything runs fine.

For TPA, the setup would be a lot easier since you don't have to configure 4 seperate programs to run together or manage an xml database of your table information.

You'll probably need a better spec'd machine for TPA, but the concept should be the same since running a cab only sends the controls through a button to key mapped interface.

Last edited:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012

It's the cabinet itself that is expensive. Plus the LEDWiz $60, plunger $139, solenoids $18x (2-8 of them), $80 worth of Cree LEDs, $350 for a real DMD and controller. Not to mention two monitors, with one of them being huge. A 22" inch monitor and a roll up keyboard don't need the cabinet features we are asking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.