BlahCade 71: Things That Make You Go Hummm

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I had to manually set that URL using the forum button. I've never had to do that before. It is super annoying.

These posts are really a courtesy anyhow. If you are on Android or iOS you should just be subscribing to the feed in your podcast app and it will automatically appear for you to listen.

magic.jpg

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Just a small point Jared, most times I rely on your signpost for want of a better term, to remind me another ep is available. My phone's getting old now and auto updates aren't reliable I'm afraid.

Always good to see your post reminding to manually update. Cheers mate

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Some comments about the show:

Holocrons were an important part in Star Wars Galaxies, a MMORPG. They have never been in movies (only in the animated series) but in games and books. They contain holographic information, which can only obtained by Jedi/Sith.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holocron

About competition: I agree it's very important to play against someone. Friend lists support that, but it's more fun dueling with someone, even if it is not like the H2H mode. It would be cool to be able to send a message to someone to challenge them within the game. Similar to what we are doing via Twitter right now. I won't look up a table to see which ones Chris beat my high scores.

[MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION] I have almost all SW tables on Android, but I usually prefer to play on Steam. I don't have a controller for my tablet and therefore I'm usually not as good as on PC.

One thing about Zen tables in general, which you also mentioned, is about the rules and modes. Those tables are usually not self explanatory. Sometimes there are messages in the DMD, but more often than not it's difficult to read it in the short time available. This plus the fact I bought a lot of tables at the same time, which made me hop from one table to the next not looking very much into the details makes it difficult to understand and remember the rules.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just a small point Jared, most times I rely on your signpost for want of a better term, to remind me another ep is available. My phone's getting old now and auto updates aren't reliable I'm afraid.

Always good to see your post reminding to manually update. Cheers mate
Are you using a podcast app on your phone at the moment?

They really are great for keeping up with your favourite content automatically. Just subscribe through your app, and episodes download when released.
[MENTION=5676]Blah[/MENTION]cade on Twitter is also another way to get updated on episodes.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
From my perspective:
- This is the only podcast I listen to. So using a podcast app for just one podcast seems like overkill. Also, I'd rather stream and not download (yes I'm sure if I could be bothered to invest the time to set up an app correctly, it wouldn't download automatically blah blah).
- Maybe I'm using Twitter wrong, but it's so easy to miss stuff for me. Maybe because I look at it maybe once a week.
- This forum, on the other hand, is my most-visited site. Either in a browser or via tapatalk. I'm always checking for new threads. I see the new podcast thread go up, I know the podcast is there.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Plus the post always invites to discuss/comment the podcast and is good advertising for new listeners.

Off topic: The link parser doesn't work at all any more, even www.google.com isn't automatically converted any more [MENTION=1]Gord Lacey[/MENTION]

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We don't often get a discussion going about the podcast here, but it's good just in case!

List of scores for Zen Star Wars (as mentioned in podcast)
Force Awakens - 115.9 m
Clone Wars - 336.3 m
Rebels - 145.6 m
RotJ - 30.1 m
Empire - 205.8 m
Droids - 138.3 m
New Hope - 26.4 m
Han Solo - 34.7 m
Darth Vader - 157.9 m
Boba Fett - 31.5 m
Starfighter - 107.8 m
Might of the 1st Order - 160.4 m
Masters of the Force - 31.3 m

You'll notice those are also in order of my preferences of like to dislike. Me and Xanija often tweet challenge scores to each other. I welcome anyone else jumping in on the fun. Doesn't have to be Star Wars table either, I'm open to any Zen table.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks like even when these threads don't get replies, they still get over 100 views, so it seems worth it for the extra exposure, plus they usually get at least a few replies, sometimes multiple pages of discussion.

I'm not much of a Tweeter, so count me in as someone who uses these threads to find new episodes.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Episode posts were never going to stop.

Me caring too much about whether a link is clickable or not will probably stop.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Are you using a podcast app on your phone at the moment?

They really are great for keeping up with your favourite content automatically. Just subscribe through your app, and episodes download when released.
[MENTION=5676]Blah[/MENTION]cade on Twitter is also another way to get updated on episodes.

Yeah Jared, I am. It should be automatic but i guess the old iPhone is getting a bit past it now...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.