KickstArter for Addams family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail R Schwartz

Jun 26, 2012
How do we get a kickstarter for the Addams family table? I know u will be doing star trek. Can u have as many kickstart programs going on at the same time? Were do I send the Money for the kickstart program?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Not everyone has such deep pockets. I would personally wish to see the STTNG kickstarter wait until September and Addams Family can wait til next year if they even do one. Going to the well too often and too quickly will only cause resentment and will lead to failure in the intitiative.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
Sorry to sound like a jerk about this, but as a 360 only owner I have not yet and won't be ponying up any Kickstarter funding. I'm not going to give any money just so people on other devices get to play something six months before I do, if at all.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I imagine that FarSight would prefer to see Twilight Zone produced and released before they start work on another licensed table. That way they could see how well that brand name works to bring in sales for the table itself and to other tables that arn't licensed properties.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Sorry to sound like a jerk about this, but as a 360 only owner I have not yet and won't be ponying up any Kickstarter funding. I'm not going to give any money just so people on other devices get to play something six months before I do, if at all.

I would say that's a reasonable concern! I've made points in other threads discouraging any kickstarter for exactly this reason. Not just X360 but all platforms need to have DLC out and releasing consistently. I'm hoping that by September PS is showing consistency and X360 has at least gotten the DLC released through the July tables with August tables scheduled for that month. I think that would definitely show things are on the right track and might not convince everyone, but enough of the X360 crowd to get them on board.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm almost certain that FarSight has said (repeatedly) that there are licensing issues with Addams Family that go beyond monetary. They know people want the table, but unless the licensing issues can be worked out, they can't release it. Having a Kickstarter can solve issues with funding, but can't solve issues with licensing.

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.