Main Center Ramp Plastic Question

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
Hello again! It's me and my "OCD" on playfield accuracy! In the Pinball Arcade version of Cirqus Voltaire, the center main ramp is shiny metal, although on ipdb.org the table shows a clear ramp with a cool decal of artwork....or the artwork is made into the ramp. I also attended a pinball party with a Cirqus Voltaire, and it had a clear ramp with the same artwork going up the ramp. Will this be changed/updated in the future? Or perhaps it has to be metal because of a development reason. I know this is such a low end request, but I think it would be cool to impement this, and I am OCD on pinball machine cosmetic and sound accuracy, hence the whoosh was implemented on Black Hole. Lol! Thanks for putting that in by the way! My ramp question might of been asked a while back and I apologize if this is a duplicate question, but I coudn't find if it was asked anywhere.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, when you watch the flyby when you choose the table but not start it, you can see that it's opaque, so it's not metal all the way up. It is indeed missing artwork though.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hello again! It's me and my "OCD" on playfield accuracy! In the Pinball Arcade version of Cirqus Voltaire, the center main ramp is shiny metal, although on ipdb.org the table shows a clear ramp with a cool decal of artwork....or the artwork is made into the ramp. I also attended a pinball party with a Cirqus Voltaire, and it had a clear ramp with the same artwork going up the ramp. Will this be changed/updated in the future? Or perhaps it has to be metal because of a development reason. I know this is such a low end request, but I think it would be cool to impement this, and I am OCD on pinball machine cosmetic and sound accuracy, hence the whoosh was implemented on Black Hole. Lol! Thanks for putting that in by the way! My ramp question might of been asked a while back and I apologize if this is a duplicate question, but I coudn't find if it was asked anywhere.

I believe Ryan Routon might have confirmed that on the mobile versions of the game, the Highwire ramp was deliberately rendered as metal. Apparently if it was rendered transparent, they would have to do some type of double-rendering on the graphics side to show the transparency correctly. This would would have affected performance on lower-end devices.

Perhaps someone with a better memory than me can cite the forum post.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I noticed that on the flyer in extras, but the decal on the ramp? Maybe if it had that the ball would stop going THROUGH the ramp. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.