iPad 3 bug

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Everytime I try and start Cirqus Valtaire in my iPad 3 it crashes. Sometimes it will play for a short while with no sound. After about 30 seconds it crashes. This is also the case on my iPod. The rest of the pinball tables work great. Thanks

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Have you tried rebooting the iPad? I have an iPad 3, and I haven't experienced that problem.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Haven't seen this one myself either. Definitely give it a reboot (easiest way is to hold the home & lock buttons until the screen shuts off, then keep holding them until you see the Apple logo).

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Yes, I tried this. It still crashes on both devices. I forgot to state that I was talking about the free version. I have not tried the payed version yet. I have all of the tables except this one. I hope an update might fix it.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Oh, I see. Maybe there's a bug in the trial version. If the other tables are all working, you shouldn't have any trouble with the full version of CV.

Well…other than the nasty outlanes.

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
Ok, so I went and bought the full version for 5 bucks with Funhouse. It still crashes every time. Funhouse plays fine on both the iPad and iPod, but not Cirqus Voltaire. Anyone else having issues? I guess I will have to wait for the next update and see if the problem stops. Love all of the rest of the tables.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I own an Ipad 3 and all tables work great, no crashes so far. I'll keep this thread posted if and when I do experience a crash.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Ok, so I went and bought the full version for 5 bucks with Funhouse. It still crashes every time. Funhouse plays fine on both the iPad and iPod, but not Cirqus Voltaire. Anyone else having issues? I guess I will have to wait for the next update and see if the problem stops. Love all of the rest of the tables.

I suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it. You'll be able to redownload any tables you bought. Only thing is, you'll lose your local high scores (unless you feel like digging into the app files with something like iExplorer and trying to figure out which files you need to save).

Can't think of any other reason why you'd be having this problem. Gotta be corruption in that particular table you downloaded. There were some sporatic issues with corruption of App Store updates the other day; maybe it affected some DLC as well. I also just remembered that you don't end up needing to re-download a table after trying the free version, then paying to unlock it, which means if the trial one was hosed, buying it wouldn't fix the problem. But reinstalling the whole thing should sort it out.

Worth a try.

If you're concerned about keeping your scores, let me know and I'll go into my own copy and try to figure out which files you need to save.

DooMStalK

Jul 2, 2012
I have an ipad 3 too, and I've never experienced any crash in CV either, and not in any other table.

Looks like there's something with the game itself or the table.

Perhaps reinstalling the app and downloading again the table fixes it??

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
I reinstalled the app on my iPod to see if this would fix the problem. It seems to work now. Thanks! I'm not sure if I will reinstall the app or not on my iPad 3. I have a lot of the wizard goals complete and don't want to do them all again. It might take me awhile to do the Monster Bash again. And that wasn't easy. If someone knows a way to keep scores and reinstall, let me know. I might give it a go. I know Stormchild said there be a way. It would be great to play Cirqus on my iPad. Thanks to all for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.