Any one running macOS Sierra yet ?

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
Just curious how Pinball Arcade will run with it, the slow down issue seems quite a bit better on my Mac now running El Capitan 10.11.6.

Makes me nervous about updating....don't want to get it all messed up and laggy again.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
I recently updated my 27" iMac (Late 2013) to Mac OS X Sierra, and not only does TPA run, but so far (2 days running now) the slowdown problem seems to have gone away!

You may want to wait just a bit longer, to get a couple of other reports to verify my findings, but I've not (yet) had any issues with the system update.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I can vouch for the fact that the slowdown problem has NOT gone away. And I guess there's no love for the Mac version; I just updated to the TPA version 6.4.0 and it's still the same old interface, not the iOS or Steam version.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I recently updated my 27" iMac (Late 2013) to Mac OS X Sierra, and not only does TPA run, but so far (2 days running now) the slowdown problem seems to have gone away!

You may want to wait just a bit longer, to get a couple of other reports to verify my findings, but I've not (yet) had any issues with the system update.

I'm glad to hear it's gone for you, I hope it stays that way !

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I can vouch for the fact that the slowdown problem has NOT gone away. And I guess there's no love for the Mac version; I just updated to the TPA version 6.4.0 and it's still the same old interface, not the iOS or Steam version.

Really is a shame, you would think it would be a pretty good seller to warrant more attention.....but I know it doesn't compare to iOS.

Do the specs on the Mac have anything to do with it ?

I have wondered with the rumored new Macs coming if the new specs might help run it smooth.

--------------------------------

Rumor below

The new MacBook Pros will include more powerful graphics cards aimed at video gamers and professionals who need a lot of GPU power. There is rumored to be an option for a high-performance "Polaris" graphics chip from AMD, which offers better power efficiency in a slimmer package.

AMD's Polaris 11 architecture will bring a significant improvement in performance over the company's previous chips, and AMD has promised "console-class GPU performance for thin and light notebooks" and "extraordinary VR experiences" from the new low-power mobile architecture.

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
The specs are not the issue. That same Mac can have a Windows partition. The PC version will have superior graphics and no slow-down issue.

I didn't think of that...glad someone has tried it out.

Hopefully they will get the Mac version "right" eventually !

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
The specs are not the issue. That same Mac can have a Windows partition. The PC version will have superior graphics and no slow-down issue.

This is true, except for Direct X 11. Most probably, the Mac graphic card will not handle it. But even tho you're using the DirectX 9 version on Bootcamp on your Mac, the game will be far superior than the native Mac version

Jay

May 19, 2012
Correct: Direct X 11 won't launch for me in Fusion, but 9 works fine. And the graphics really are superior to the Mac versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.