OUYA / Android / Kickstarter platform for Pinball Arcade?

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
This Kickstarter (started just today) has already far exceeded it's Target and (at current pledge levels) is well on course to usurp Pebble Watches as the highest funded Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

It will have USB2.0 support and I wondered that if X-Gaming could get a driver for their X-Arcade sticks on it, it would be a nice solution for big screen pinball with nice side buttons for playing.

What do you guys reckon? :cool:

The proposed spec (at time of writing) is:

Specifications:

Tegra3 quad-core processor
1GB RAM
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth LE 4.0
USB 2.0 (one)
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
Android 4.0

unbroken

Jun 15, 2012
I have backed it. In their latest update they asked for suggested games so that they can talk to developers for early game development. I am voting for TPA as I'd love to see this done. It will hopefully help to get table updates out faster as well! I haven't bought it on Xbox yet, mostly due to the slow DLC releases my Microsoft.

Here's a link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ouya

unbroken

Jun 15, 2012
Those are some really interesting points. I'm not sure what can be developed on that platform, but I like the idea. They almost have too much money now not to really do something great with it.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
He got some points there, but nevertheless this console sounds incredibly tempting...think I'm gonna buy.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just hope there will be more than just "casual" games. The hardware is OK, but not really screaming compared to modern gaming PCs. Plus the freemium stance has "casual" written all over it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.