Mac - Bug Circus Voltaire issues

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
So I find myself wondering; Is it just me, or -

- The HUD in Circus Voltaire appears to be 'off by default, despite my turning it on every time I play this table.

- The ball appears to be drawn to the outlanes, as in whenever the ball hits a post on either outlane, much more often, then not, the ball will bounce into the outlane, rather than back into play.

(Granted, the HUD thing is the more annoying problem in some respects (I may simply suck at this table), but I just wanted to know if anyone else had noticed this.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
So I find myself wondering; Is it just me, or -

- The HUD in Circus Voltaire appears to be 'off by default, despite my turning it on every time I play this table.

The on-screen HUD defaults to OFF because the table's built-in DMD is *always* displayed on the table anyways. Having the HUD turned on doubles what's being already being displayed on the table's DMD and gets rather annoying.

That being said (and speaking of iOS specifically and not Mac OS), it's been known that some of the features that are selectable (like table view, viewing nudge zone lines, etc) are global rather than table-specific. It's been like this for years now. Why Farsight has never implemented table-specific settings after all these years is really beyond comprehension.

Last edited:

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Well, I started turning the HUD on because although the DMD is displayed on the table, it's partially obscured by the backglass frame...

I would have thought that turning it on would retain the setting between games, but I suppose I can see why that might not be the case.

What I find to be beyond comprehension (and I'd welcome a reasonable explanation) is that the controls are not customizable (at least in the Mac OS version)

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
What I find to be beyond comprehension (and I'd welcome a reasonable explanation) is that the controls are not customizable (at least in the Mac OS version)
The explanation is that the Mac version is a port from iOS--with the absolute bare minimum changes. That is also why the graphics are nowhere close to PC.

Definitely go with the Steam version over Mac App Store, and consider putting a Windows partition on that Mac. The Steam version plays on Mac and PC.

Jay

May 19, 2012
although the DMD is displayed on the table, it's partially obscured by the backglass frame
That unfortunately is true -- but it shouldn't be. The DMD on the Mac version is rendered too high by several pixels, cutting off its top. It's been that way for several versions. When it's drawn properly, it works just fine in place of the extra DMD.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts