Extra ball buy-in coins

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
When launching Zen today on Android, I got offered to buy the Marvel WoP pack and I would receive 50 extra ball buy-in coins. Is this a new feature or did I already deactivate it earlier and with this update it was offered again? Also I found out 50 coins are already in my inventory without having purchased them (haven't bought WoP on Android as well yet).

Will high scores achieved using these coins still be added to leaderboards? I certainly hope not.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I turned it off as well, but I would like to know if leader boards contain scores which used those coins. I guess I will have to ask in the Zen forum.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I turned it off as well, but I would like to know if leader boards contain scores which used those coins. I guess I will have to ask in the Zen forum.
I asked on FB how it affected leaderboards, and their response was...

"Not quite sure yet. We could do two leaderboards, but we do not want to splinter the community. It's an ongoing conversation here..."

I turned the feature off too as it sounds like a bad idea to me personally. You run out of balls and that's your final score IMO.
It sounds like they are planning on introducing a free to play model into the main FX2 app.
They're already experimenting with it in the standalone Alien app, where you watch video get credit, and unlock table play via tokens.
Seems awful in the quick try I had. I'd personally much prefer outright purchase of choose able dlc, like it is currently, and in TPA.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Jared was quicker than me in posting this question to the Zen forums here:

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?15116-Extra-Ball-Tokens

No answer from Barbie yet, but I could find out a few things myself (quote from Zen forum thread):

After the last ball drains you get the option to use a coin to extend the game or watch an ad (only works once every 5 (?) min.) to get an extra ball.

The leader boards accept scores achieved with the extra ball, I just tested it on Han Solo, where I didn't have a registered score before. The 4m score is after my 4th ball.

I'm not happy with this change Makes even cross platform comparisons worthless, as those coins are not available on Steam (thanks to the pinball gods). I hope this stays like this.

By the way, those extra balls don't exist on the Marvel Pinball app on Androids.

Similar tokens exist in "The walking dead" pinball app. There you can buy 3 coins for 0.74€ on your first purchase and with every purchase after that you get 1 coin more for your 0.74€.

No possibility to buy-in with watching ads here.

The biggest problem I have with this is: Either F2P bull****, then I'm perfectly fine to have this kind of nonsense, because I can ignore the games. Or P2P, as we have had it. A mixture of both is nothing I want to see when I already paid for the tables. I'm just glad I don't care too much about leader boards, except when competing against other players on my friend list. But I don't want to go this route, no thanks!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Someone at Zen Studios went off to get married recently reading their posts. This could be why Barbie hasn't answered back yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts