Pinball Arcade Version 1.14 is LIVE!!!

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
GOOD NEWS

The Sound is fixed on ALL TABLES. Sounds are like the PC version. No crackles or pops. (Huge thumbs up to that Farsight. We are finally out of the audio beta ;))
Ghost Balls are GONE.
You can finally play F-14 Tomcat WITH Headphones!
Login Screen skipped?

Bad news

Transparent rectangles are still on Cirqus Voltaire, High Speed 2, Hurricane, and Roadshow Pinball.

Even worse bad news...

Somebody decided to turn down the flasher lights and neon tube bulb brightness on Cirqus Voltaire :mad:

oBqDpRY.jpg

It's supposed to look like this:

Z2mxqpY.jpg

Well atleast, all the other tables look like they should. FlippyFloppy please have the team look at this!

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The Bulb brightness on Genie is now borked as well. :(

This wouldn't be a problem if we had bulb control like the PC Version.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
GOOD NEWS

The Sound is fixed on ALL TABLES. Sounds are like the PC version. No crackles or pops. (Huge thumbs up to that Farsight. We are finally out of the audio beta ;))
Ghost Balls are GONE.
You can finally play F-14 Tomcat WITH Headphones!
Login Screen skipped?

Bad news

Transparent rectangles are still on Cirqus Voltaire, High Speed 2, Hurricane, and Roadshow Pinball.

Even worse bad news...

Somebody decided to turn down the flasher lights and neon tube bulb brightness on Cirqus Voltaire :mad:

oBqDpRY.jpg

It's supposed to look like this:

Z2mxqpY.jpg

Well atleast, all the other tables look like they should. FlippyFloppy please have the team look at this!

It's something I tried to have addressed before we had to submit. This is still on my list of issues that need to get resolved.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Thanks FlippyFloppy! Looking forward to the fixes.

Just have to say this again... The sound is awesome! Especially on Terminator 2, Medieval Madness, and Attack From Mars!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Is anyone having trouble downloading the new tables? I can't for some reason as a season 5 pass purchaser.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Sigh.. :( No point in me downloading this update then...

Sound is GREAT on here. Especially for a game like Gorgar...

And speaking of Gorgar...

***CRITICAL BUG***

Gorgar crashes when you try to launch it. (At least the demo does, everytime I try to play it. Haven't bought the full game for Gorgar. All the tables I've bought work though)

Also the bulb lights are dimmed to the extreme on Creature From The Black Lagoon (Like Cirqus Voltaire and Genie). Needs to be fixed. It's now difficult to play on Dark Brightness Setting.

Before

maxresdefault.jpg

Patch 1.14

3cDfWfX.jpg

Looks like it's a Season 1 bug on some tables. (Should be an easy fix, bulb brightness values set to low)

In the meantime, turning on the room lights is a temp fix.

On another positive note... Space Shuttle's music continues to play in the background like it should! :D (Table is 100% bug free IMO)

The Addam's Family needs to be heard again. Try the demo, if you haven't bought it already! It's crystal clear now.

Last edited:

Zabu

Feb 5, 2013
I'm sure they'll get a patch out to fix these new lighting screw-ups within days. :mad:

Afterall, they were able to do it before when there was the bug that unlocked everything for everybody. :rolleyes:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I just downloaded the patch and the two glaring issues are still present.

1.) Sound Effects still get cut off on High Speed.

2.) Flood Lights still not working on Lights Camera Action.

I'm officially done with this crap. I just jump shipped to the PC version. No more double or triple dipping for me. I'm no longer supporting the PS4, PS3/Vita, or Andriod versions.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015

I'm officially done with this crap. I just jump shipped to the PC version. No more double or triple dipping for me. I'm no longer supporting the PS4, PS3/Vita, or Andriod versions.

That particular lighting effect is only in DX9 or last gen consoles. Same with the neon tube in Cirqus Voltaire casting light all around the table. They were baked lighting effects. I think the move to real-time made that lighting trick difficult.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
After downloading the patch and sampling the tables to see if there were improvements, I noticed that ALL of the major sound bugs that I detected prepatch were still present.

1. Like Shogun just pointed out, the bonus on High Speed goes silent as the speed increases (if you racked up a big bonus). Same thing with Centaur.
2. Twilight Zone - no music plays during Greed mode.
3. Scared Stiff - music stops seemingly randomly when a mode ends (went silent for me after coffin multiball). Music won't start up again until another mode is started
4. Whirlwind - music goes silent when you get the quick multiball award from the scoop. Doesn't start up again until you hit the ramp.

Plus the worst new bug of all that Peacemaker pointed out a few posts above:

5. Selecting Gorgar from the main menu causes TPA to crash.

Between these issues not being fixed, not being able to cash in on my season pass, and waiting forever, I must say that I am really disappointed in this update :(

Edit: I would also like to point out that other versions of TPA don't have the above listed sound issues, so it is something with the PS4 version.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Confirmed, Gorgar crashes TPA now. Continuing sound issues too. Just keeps getting better and better.

I swear devs test their games on dev stations and not the actual console.

Last edited:

Beotis

May 31, 2013
Any chance this version allows you to see friend's scores? If not, are there any plans for adding this in the future?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

I can understand that on High Speed. But the problem that LCA has right now is on the DX11 version of TPA PC as well. We're both on the same ship in this case.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Well... the sound seems much improved. I'm fortunate for that.

I have to admit, the very table I was looking forward to hearing the clear sound on was GORGAR, so I loaded that up first and CRASH! Closes to the PS4 menu. Argh! :(

Can we trade the broken Gorgar table in for Goin' Nuts? If one must be broken... THAT should be the one.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts