Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Wrestlemania

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • X-Men

Votes: 18 21.2%

• Total voters

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Stern TPA becomes real and close for main platforms with its first 3 new modern Stern tables already done and demonstrated + 2 more announced as "coming soon".
Here are only 30 of remaining modern Sterns because of forum's poll restriction, so Austin Powers, NBA, NFL, Playboy, Sharkey's Shootout, Shrek, The Rolling Stones were excluded from this list for reasons of retheme or being notoriously weak/not popular games.
You know rules: choose your 10 favourites, which you would like to see released next for Stern TPA. :)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think I'd have enough fun with just about any of these to justify purchasing them. Only a small handful that would give me pause.

Most modern Stern pins have a good layout, fun toys, good themes, and interesting deep rules. Multiball is almost always a guarentee even to newer players and there is enough depth for skilled players. Most on the list are solid pins. Can't wait to start seeing them on SPA. My question is when?

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well, judging from this poll and assuming we'll see maybe some older Sterns still in regular TPA, the next kickstarter should either be TSPP or LOTR. Jus' saying....

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Well, judging from this poll and assuming we'll see maybe some older Sterns still in regular TPA, the next kickstarter should either be TSPP or LOTR. Jus' saying....
i guess the whole thing about separate Stern app and Stern inc getting cut in price tag of 10$ per table was about Stern resolve all this licensing with their partners.

karl

May 10, 2012
Batman 66 is out next month and Aerosmith in January. 2 more for the taking :)

I guess we will also see a few more Data East and Sega tables in STPA so there is actually a healthy amount of tables to sustain this app for a while

We even might see a few Old Stern tables (I hope)

I actually am thinking about getting the rift for this, but it is a pretty big investment, so I guess I will see how it plays on that before doing something too rash

The potential is huge, but I have my doubts that Farsight will spend a lot of time with the back drop arcade and stuff like that, to make it engaging for a VR setting.

I guess those who have Gear VR can comment on that one.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Batman 66 is out next month and Aerosmith in January. 2 more for the taking :)
this will be another, 'post-dmd' or 'lcd' era. and if TPA would technicaly enter it than it open whole new segment of tables like WoZ, Hobbit, Lebowsky, Full Throttle.
btw batman 66 is close to just retheme (if changing theme from "batman" to "batman" can be named so).
great comment about Aerosmith was on a pinside: "finaly Rolling Stones will have worthy competitor". personally i'm more interested in Iron Maiden which was also teased along with Big Bang Theory

Last edited:

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
Iron Man: no thanks
Indiana Jones: YES PLEASE
Austin Powers: there is a non-working table at my local bar. Couln't test it

karl

May 10, 2012
this will be another, 'post-dmd' or 'lcd' era. and if TPA would technicaly enter it than it open whole new segment of tables like WoZ, Hobbit, Lebowsky, Full Throttle.
btw batman 66 is close to just retheme (if changing theme from "batman" to "batman" can be named so).
great comment about Aerosmith was on a pinside: "finaly Rolling Stones will have worthy competitor". personally i'm more interested in Iron Maiden which was also teased along with Big Bang Theory

PC/Consoles would handle the transition with no problem. But I guess it would demand some extra work from Farsight. Would be cool to have some lcd games sooner or later but I guess we are in no rush, since there are plenty of others to choose from.

Yes, there are many other bands I would rather have had, but since I can not pick and choose, I will not predict a failure from Stern before I see the actual finished pin. (I hate how negative pinside can be in cases like this) Every new pin is a cause for celebration in my book.

I will not call Batman a re-skin of TDK before I see it played with the new rules. The flow of the new game is very different (with 2 ramps feeding the flippers) and the toy in the middle is completely different than the coffe mug Joker from that game. The new one looks much more interesting than TDK, in my view

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'll take Metallica, KISS, and LotR and be happy.

Of all those, the only one I've played more than a couple of times is Metallica. It's in my local movie theater and I'll always go early and sneak in a couple of games whenever I'm there.

KISS I've played a few times at shows, and I really like the look and feel of the table, as well as the music. I assume it will be coming eventually, so something to look forward to.

LotR I've played just enough to understand why it's so well liked.

I'd have preferred to see ZZ Top get the pinball treatment before Aerosmith. That's just personal taste music-wise though.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I hear a lot of negativity about KISS too. I like it! One problem is that Gene's head sometimes spits balls SDTM. Otherwise, fun table with a cool theme.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I hear a lot of negativity about KISS too. I like it! One problem is that Gene's head sometimes spits balls SDTM. Otherwise, fun table with a cool theme.
Every KISS I've played the ball saver comes on for ejects from the head. So not really a problem.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

karl

May 10, 2012
people report software bugs and looks like stern is not in hurry to update it

I think that it is mostly the still incomplete software that is the problem with Kiss (The citys don't do anything etc.)

No more bugs than other titles, like GOT or Ghostbusters

It got a lot better when Lyman took over software duties on it, earlier this year. One more substantial software update and the game will probably be sought after.

But it is a travesty that Stern has taken this long to get it finished.

Was the same software problems with X-men, Avengers, Metallica and TWD but at least they got there in the end with those titles.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
programmers are more expensive than line workers,plus realtime systems work isnt for eveyone, i dont think it looks to professional but the complexity of game modes needs more thna a 3 month turn around for 1 or 2 peeps?(forgive my ingorance as imguessng)

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts