Pinball Arcade ver.1.16 (Europe) Update Now Available!

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
The European update has just gone live, the download size of the update was 1.5GB at the time I grabbed it. That was 18:00 GMT.

Last edited:

eracet

Mar 20, 2013
Just downloaded and there are no immediately obvious changes to report, so I can only surmise that this is a bug-fix release…Seeing as though Farsight never enlighten us, by filling out the Update History (under the DS4 Options button)…

Anyway, Farsight Mods, it'd be great to know, even only in summary, what this update actually adds/fixes. Not least cause it would directly head-off any further enquiries or criticisms from PS4 users who have identified specific bugs, or raised other concerns, which have actually been fixed in this latest release.

This 1.5Gb update has to have contained some juicy fixes, so why not advertise your hard work, Farsight, and gain some goodwill in the process?

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
This may only be a scoreboard fix. At a glance the online score boards for ALL season 5 tables are now showing which includes LAH, R911 & TX.

eracet

Mar 20, 2013
Well that would be great MIK, but would that require a 1.5GB download?!?!…Plus none of this would even be the subject of speculation if Farsight would just provide us with a 'highlights' change list with each update. Just about every other developer on the planet does…And they must have an internal one, otherwise there's no way they could manage their development cycles.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Well that would be great MIK, but would that require a 1.5GB download?!?!…Plus none of this would even be the subject of speculation if Farsight would just provide us with a 'highlights' change list with each update. Just about every other developer on the planet does…And they must have an internal one, otherwise there's no way they could manage their development cycles.

We addressed the crash on Gorgar and fixed leaderboards that were posting incorrectly.

Can you post or send me a screenshot of the update size/download in your notification history? You shouldn't be downloading the entire game with a patch update.

Also, did any other users from Europe have the same size update?

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
From the other thread:

Gorgar now has the 3.0 flipper physics (I did a live catch WTF?)
Pop Bumper lights turn on like they are supposed to
Clear sound

Gorgar in the dark now too...

See it here:

Fu4To50.jpg

Pop Bumper Light turning on the way it should:

88YVVah.jpg

How it's supposed to look: (Minus the non fixed Pop Bumper lights always on)

fMBW7zt.jpg

Last edited:

eracet

Mar 20, 2013
We addressed the crash on Gorgar and fixed leaderboards that were posting incorrectly.

Can you post or send me a screenshot of the update size/download in your notification history? You shouldn't be downloading the entire game with a patch update.

Also, did any other users from Europe have the same size update?

Hi FlippyFloppy. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've checked my notification history and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to display the size of the download once it's finished, so no screenshot will be forthcoming…

But I can assure you it was just over 1.5GB as that was what was displayed and I was keeping tabs on it while it downloaded. It took a while. Also FYI, I own all the tables, had already updated to 1.15 and had unlocked the remaining 3 season 5 tables released on PS4 last week, so I had a completely up-to-date installation before initiating the download.

Beyond that, I'd only say again, that I wish Farsight would provide a highlight change list with every update release (as, for example, you have to do on the Apple iOS App Store, whenever a dev updates their app)…I don't understand why this would in any way be hard to do, as a matter course, whether on the PS4 thread of the forum, or within the Update History metadata in the PS4 app???…So many of these questions could be avoided (and your time saved) if you did so. Thanks again.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
The update was 1.5GB here as well. Only thing I can do is to show you we have it any way.

10dcf2035b.jpg

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
PeacemakerPIN,

All our screens to play the game are different of course..., however if your currently using the in-game light setting at 50% then try 70% as that is what I have the lighting at now. At 70% Gorgar looks at lot closer to your 3rd image. I'm not saying this will fix the problem, it may help you get a better medium across all tables until something is done if you get my meaning.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
70% is the same as playing any table on mobile lol. Completely defeats the purpose of the tables illuminating the environment and not the room...The key visual feature of current gen or DX11. Plus the contrast at 70% is a bit too bright.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I've played loads of tables across all seasons and the online score tables have all been fine. I checked my own score and then the weekly, looks good so far cheers!

One issue I noticed...
The background music in Scared Stiff cut out about 3 times but came back when I activated another feature on the table. When it came back the background music continued like normal. This was during a 20min or so single play...
The 3rd time the music cut out I noticed Elivra said, "The Spell is Complete". As soon as she said that the background music stopped playing at this point.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I've played loads of tables across all seasons and the online score tables have all been fine. I checked my own score and then the weekly, looks good so far cheers!

One issue I noticed...
The background music in Scared Stiff cut out about 3 times but came back when I activated another feature on the table. When it came back the background music continued like normal. This was during a 20min or so single play...
The 3rd time the music cut out I noticed Elivra said, "The Spell is Complete". As soon as she said that the background music stopped playing at this point.

I hope that gets fixed in the next update.

karl

May 10, 2012
I can confirm that 1.16 was a 1.5 GB download. (downloaded yesterday)

I downloaded 1.15 last week and that was of a similar size.

PS 4 Europe

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I hope that gets fixed in the next update.

Hahahahahahahah You know that it took them 3 years to fix sound bug on ps4? Good luck. I can bet that earlyer you will get pinball arcade version on your internet enabled washing machine, because that is FS prioryty. More versions for more cash than takeing care for existing customers.

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Hahahahahahahah You know that it took them 3 years to fix sound bug on ps4? Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DX11 PC Beta was how I wished the PS4 version patches were like. More stuff got fixed on that platform in weeks, instead of years :/

Game code for the Ps4 version broke after the first patch, now it's gotten even buggier after the sound patch :/

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I don't have any hopes left for ps4 version. I bought most of the tables till beginning of 4th seassion. Bought lots of tables on vita, ios and ps3. Sorry FS but you wont get any more money from me. Ive spend more money for this game than on AAA title i would ever do, with online passes and bs dlcs. The truth is im just joke to you like rest of ps4 users. You dont give a damn right? Once wise man said "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." Peace, you guys are great, ppls on this forum, passionate and dedicated. But i hope that one day, different company will take real pinball tables and digitalize them in much better fasion that FS would ever be capabile of doing so.

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Pretty shure that i'm not the only one. Look on state of ps4 version afer so meany years. Yes, i'm angry, after spending so much money and haveing less realistic and buggy version.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
It's given me a lot of pleasure and to think the price it would cost to buy every machine in the real world including a place to store/enjoy them... The Pinball Arcade video game is worth every cent/penny, bugs included. ;)

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
I currently regret purchasing Cirqus Voltaire due to all the bugs that have popped up since the first patch... :(

Xbox One and PC got the stable DX11 version.

Members online

Members online