How do I set the DMD camera position?

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
OK I think I've got this mostly figured out, THANKS AGAIN for everyone's hard work on freecam and obviously [MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] in particular.

I get that there is a camera we are repositioning over the table to give us more of a "top down" view for cabinets. And that's great. But! I can't figure out how to set the DMD camera so it's "centered" over the DMD.

What I get ends up looking like this:

a7awkpo.jpg

I love that I can tweak the table camera as needed. I also love that I can tweak the DMD position and that works fine (I had it on my 3rd monitor, but I was messing around to see if it behaved better on the 2nd monitor.. it did not.)

But I need to move the DMD camera so it's actually centered on the DMD. As you can see from the photo, the DMD camera is not positioned correctly so I only see a little more than half of the DMD. How do I move the DMD camera around with the camera controls or keyboard controls? Am I missing something obvious here?

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
The DMD window is *actually* working properly only when your game resolution is set to 1080x2200.

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Oh man I was afraid of that. So there's no control over the DMD camera other than setting resolution?

I had one other idea I pm'ed to you, but I'll copy it here for feedback:

Dynamically bitblt (copy) the DMD from its location on screen to another monitor at some reasonable framerate. This way you don't have to muck with the table layout, the downside is that the DMD would be mirrored to another monitor rather than removed from the table display entirely... but personally I'd love this!

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Oh man I was afraid of that. So there's no control over the DMD camera other than setting resolution?

I had one other idea I pm'ed to you, but I'll copy it here for feedback:

Dynamically bitblt (copy) the DMD from its location on screen to another monitor at some reasonable framerate. This way you don't have to muck with the table layout, the downside is that the DMD would be mirrored to another monitor rather than removed from the table display entirely... but personally I'd love this!

Nop, this is a limitation of the mod that I will probably fix sometimes.

I already tried to achieve what you suggested but unfortunately GDI is way too slow for this kind of processing, the DMD animations are not running fast enough.

But I made a POC of another method to retrieve the DMD pixels directly from the game's memory, it works flawlessly but only on recent DMD's not alphanums.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts