PC - Request Full Range for Analog Nudging/Bumping

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Will the PC/console versions have full analog nudging/bumping?

PBHOF on the 360 appears to have a weak and strong nudge depending on how far you move the left thumb stick but is that the best that can be technically (or practically) achieved?

Ideally I would like to have control over the entire spectrum, especially on the PC where more sophisticated motion tracking methods might be implemented.

Thanks

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
they might want to look at the motion control in the pinball wizard controller and try to add support for it on the pc version.

pinball wizard controller
http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=71

pbw-product-new.jpg

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
ok i gotcha. without the full analog control, none of this stuff works
rightnow i use the analog sticks on a xbox controller on VP and its full analog control
left stick is nudge and right stick is plunge

i never thought about hanging a weight from an upside down thumb stick
that is very creative indeed

HRMpickles

Apr 15, 2013
just tried this out after reading this thread and having put a bunch of buttons into a cardboard box with a Kade earlier today. here's my poof of concept build
20131124_031716.jpg
That's a roll of dimes I had that I taped onto the left analog stick. then I taped the whole controller to my temporary button box.

It appears that the PC version of tpa supports analog nudging.

Last edited:

markmon

Nov 23, 2013
just tried this out after reading this thread and having put a bunch of buttons into a cardboard box with a Kade earlier today. here's my poof of concept build
20131124_031716.jpg
That's a roll of dimes I had that I taped onto the left analog stick. then I taped the whole controller to my temporary button box.

It appears that the PC version of tpa supports analog nudging.

This is pretty cool. But you can get a ms sidewinder freestyle pro for way cheaper then an Xbox 360 controller and use xe360 to emulate the Xbox controller and mount the internals of the freestyle controller to your cabinet or controller base. The freestyle pro has a built in accelerometer. I think the thing was about $15.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts