[Corrected] Old TPA Tables in SPA For PS4 Are [NOT] Unchanged, [NO] Old Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
As I said in the impressions thread, Ripley's and SST still do not have the 3.0 flipper physics in SPA. In fact, they seem pretty much unchanged whatsoever.

Do not buy them if you already have them in TPA.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can confirm that all tables on Stern Pinball Arcade do indeed have flipper physics 3.0 as I have personally performed live catches on all 10 available tables. You can see for yourself by tapping the flipper button rapidly and you'll notice that the flippers can be flipped again before they return to their resting position. They are not simply up or down like you see with the old flipper physics.

StrakaC

Oct 29, 2012
I had catches too...not sure original poster is correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Hmm. I did the same flipper test. During play I had plenty of live catches on Frankenstein and the new Sterns. No live catches on SST or Ripley's.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
On SST, live catches are mostly seen during multiball. However with Ripley's, live catches are rarely seen since there aren't many instances where the ball comes speeding back down to the flippers.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I still feel like the flippers are on/off. I will test more today, but with the new Sterns I was accidentally live catching all throughout play. Too often, really.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I still feel like the flippers are on/off. I will test more today, but with the new Sterns I was accidentally live catching all throughout play. Too often, really.

Agree. Too many drains because the ball is too dark and I didn't realize I caught the ball instead of shooting it. I let go of the flipper and the ball drains. ARG! Happens mostly during hectic multiballs.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
You can see for yourself by tapping the flipper button rapidly and you'll notice that the flippers can be flipped again before they return to their resting position.

This doesn't mean anything. This is only graphics and doesn't indicate anything about how the flipper affects the ball. Remember how Medieval Madness had the graphically misaligned flipper for forever? That was only a visual artifact and didn't represent anything wrong with the collision geometry.

I can confirm that all tables on Stern Pinball Arcade do indeed have flipper physics 3.0 as I have personally performed live catches on all 10 available tables.

This does mean something if true, but it's very easy to misremember. We need hard evidence: can you find or produce a video capture of a live catch on Ripley's?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I was wrong. The old tables have the new physics.

This thread should me deleted. Sorry, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online