Most Wanted Williams System 9 and 11 Tables - Pick Five

Pick your top five most wanted Williams System 9 and 11 tables

• Total voters

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I know Rudy did a pole a while ago for the System 11 pins but it ended up being a little skewed with people voting for everything. Honestly, how can you blame them? Just about every one of these tables would be great to have in The Pinball Arcade. Being that as it may be, please pick the five you'd most like to see Farsight recreate. I did not include any already released, announced or strongly rumored titles (Taxi, WW, etc.).

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Thanks for making this. I was in such a hurry to make the first poll that I didn't think it through all the way, didn't tell people to only vote for 5, and accidentally left out Riverboat Gambler.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I voted for the following 5, but I'd play & buy just about all of them on TPA if given the chance.
1 Cyclone
2 Diner
3 Grand Lizard
4 Rollergames
5 Millionaire

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My first 4 picks were no brainers...

1. Earthshaker! cause it's freakin' awesome and the precursor to Whirlwind.
2. Rollergames cause it's crazy fun to play 2 player on, and it's got the best theme song of any pinball.
3. Banzai Run cause of vertical playfield. Plus it's a Steve Richie table, and we need more of those.
4. High Speed cause it's a fast table and another Richie table.

My fifth table was a toss up cause I couldn't decide between Police Force, Bad Cats, F-14, or Cyclone. Diner and Fire were also considerations until I remembered how annoying their sounds were. Eventually picked Cyclone, cause we need one of those coaster tables sooner or later.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
My first 4 picks were no brainers...

1. Earthshaker! cause it's freakin' awesome and the precursor to Whirlwind.
2. Rollergames cause it's crazy fun to play 2 player on, and it's got the best theme song of any pinball.
3. Banzai Run cause of vertical playfield. Plus it's a Steve Richie table, and we need more of those.
4. High Speed cause it's a fast table and another Richie table.

My fifth table was a toss up cause I couldn't decide between Police Force, Bad Cats, F-14, or Cyclone. Diner and Fire were also considerations until I remembered how annoying their sounds were. Eventually picked Cyclone, cause we need one of those coaster tables sooner or later.

Without sounding like a negative Nelly, Banzai Run was actually Pat Lawlor's first table. It was based off his prototype, Wrecking Ball. Definite LMFAO on your opinion of Rollergames's musical score. Also, it is a Steve Ritchie table.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Without sounding like a negative Nelly, Banzai Run was actually Pat Lawlor's first table. It was based off his prototype, Wrecking Ball. Definite LMFAO on your opinion of Rollergames's musical score. Also, it is a Steve Ritchie table.

Whhaaaattt? Oops! I've always believed it was Ritchie's first! Well, I like Lawlor just fine too, and it still doesn't change my opinion of the table.

I worked at an arcade in '91 and we had Rollergames next to Whirlwind. Those two table's attract mode sounds are permanently seared into my brain. But man, freakin' Rollergames with that tune and the dude barking "Go for the wall"...talk about an earworm! I loved that in 2 player mode you could steal the other guy's saved up locked balls.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Whhaaaattt? Oops! I've always believed it was Ritchie's first! Well, I like Lawlor just fine too, and it still doesn't change my opinion of the table.

I worked at an arcade in '91 and we had Rollergames next to Whirlwind. Those two table's attract mode sounds are permanently seared into my brain. But man, freakin' Rollergames with that tune and the dude barking "Go for the wall"...talk about an earworm! I loved that in 2 player mode you could steal the other guy's saved up locked balls.

It was Lawlor's first. That aside, Ritchie was designing games far earlier than Banzai Run. He did stuff like Flash, Firepower, Black Knight, High Speed, and F-14, and they're all older.

Don't mean to rant on this, just throwing some facts out there.

On a different note, I'm kind of disappointed that there's not more love for the lesser known games on this poll. Yeah, everyone wants Earthshaker and High Speed, but there's a lot of great games that people overlook on there.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I think that it comes down to popularity and limiting the picks to five. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Farsight said they were planning on digitizing about 50 or so tables for TPA. That's not so many when you look at how many pins were made between the companies they have licenses for. People are gonna pick the one's they remember from the arcade or, at least, the one's they've heard about. Also, as these tables get older and players get younger I'm willing to bet that many people have not played all the tables on this list. Especially in real life. Nonetheless, with the exception of about 2 or 3, I'd happily take all these in digital Pinball Arcade form.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I think that it comes down to popularity and limiting the picks to five. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Farsight said they were planning on digitizing about 50 or so tables for TPA. That's not so many when you look at how many pins were made between the companies they have licenses for. People are gonna pick the one's they remember from the arcade or, at least, the one's they've heard about. Also, as these tables get older and players get younger I'm willing to bet that many people have not played all the tables on this list. Especially in real life. Nonetheless, with the exception of about 2 or 3, I'd happily take all these in digital Pinball Arcade form.

I know, you're right. The "Big Six" (Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Cyclone, Diner, F-14, High Speed) on this poll dominated the previous one as well. I don't doubt that they're all on the radar for Farsight, but I'd like to see some of those other tables as well.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I picked five, but Banzai Run is the one I would want the most by far. I sunk a lot of money into that pinball at DG's Arcade when I was younger,and I haven't played it since then. Good memories...

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
I tried to pick High Speed five times, but it wouldn't let me, lol... If I had every quarter I sunk into that machine back i might retire!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I voted for JOKERZ! Unfortunatley thats all as I hit vote then realised it was 5 so.
JOKERZ!
Earthshaker
High Speed
Cyclone
Comet
The only ones Ive played for reals besides space station but only 5. I WANT THEM ALL am I greedy?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I know Rudy did a pole a while ago for the System 11 pins but it ended up being a little skewed with people voting for everything. Honestly, how can you blame them? Just about every one of these tables would be great to have in The Pinball Arcade. Being that as it may be, please pick the five you'd most like to see Farsight recreate. I did not include any already released, announced or strongly rumored titles (Funhouse, BOP, WW, etc.).
All of them. I think I might actually withhold my vote because I genuinely cannot just pick 5.

Never mind, just did. All the Ritchie ones :D

It was Lawlor's first. That aside, Ritchie was designing games far earlier than Banzai Run. He did stuff like Flash, Firepower, Black Knight, High Speed, and F-14, and they're all older.

Don't mean to rant on this, just throwing some facts out there.

On a different note, I'm kind of disappointed that there's not more love for the lesser known games on this poll. Yeah, everyone wants Earthshaker and High Speed, but there's a lot of great games that people overlook on there.
Not to mention the ones he did at Atari ;)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Played Jokerz today and really liked it. It's a good balance of old and new, with some nice shots, yet without too much clutter. The spinning card wheel on the backglass is a great touch as well.

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
When I went to PAPA back in August, I played pretty much every System 11 game they had. From the poll alone, I played...

Rollergames
Diner
Earthshaker
Police Force
Black Knight 2000
Bad Cats
Riverboat Gambler
Swords of Fury
Banzai Run
Cyclone
Jokerz!
Fire!
Big Guns
Space Station
Road Kings
High Speed

Seriously liked them all. Not a bad game in the bunch.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts