Interview with Farsight about just about everything (11/22/16)

Stemage

Jun 4, 2016
Yo,

I joined my buddies on the SML Podcast to interview Mike Lindsey from Farsight. I'm the biggest pinhead in the friend group, so he brought me in, WHICH WAS EXCITING. I tried to come prepared. We covered a lot of stuff in this interview alongside the mandatory SPA stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yfye65MXA
Interview starts around 23:00

Some of the stuff we covered:

• Why VR and consoles first (SPA)
  • Future patches to address issues like lighting (SPA)
  • How many newer machines they currently have in the studio to work on (SPA)
  • Code rollouts on SPA alongside new machine code updates (SPA)
  • Licensing discussion and woes
  • Converting EMs vs Solid States
  • The work pipeline now that SPA is in the mix - expanding the team
  • Continuing to support the current superfans while expanding to a new audience
  • Future global platform updates (physics/lighting)
  • Other general pin discussion

I know you guys already know a ton about pins and TPA, but I discovered a lot of new stuff in this interview. I hope you guys do as well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
we have sub for such things which is named "Podcasts/Interviews"

I think a better line might me: "Mods would you move this to the Podcasts/Interviews forum?" instead of calling out the OP. You're not a moderator, and this isn't the first time you've made a post like this.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I think a better line might me: "Mods would you move this to the Podcasts/Interviews forum?" instead of calling out the OP. You're not a moderator, and this isn't the first time you've made a post like this.
man whats wrong with you? - where do you see in my post "calling out" someone? chill bro

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
For some reason the location of this thread slipped through my attention, otherwise I would have moved it already.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Really good interview, I enjoyed it.

It's kind of sad to hear that EMs don't sell as well, those are the tables that I always go back to for a "quick fix" - they require a lot of strategy for scoring, and nudging is so important and satisfying. Hope FS continues to put out the double packs.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Thanks for this. First thing I did was skip to the interview, but I went a little too far before... and was that guitar metroid or something? Metroid is my shiznit. I can't remember his face name, but he said he'd love to see Tron. I'm on board with that, I think my avatar is still tron. And the idea to re-theme it as the original tron was very creative. I was digging the music at the end. I'll have to listen again. Good job!

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Had a listen, main thing I took away from it:

I hope they do indeed hire additional people like Mike suggested - to ensure fixes and quality going forward on both classic and stern iterations.

Stemage

Jun 4, 2016
I have to ask--are you the same Stemage that did that awesome Marble Madness music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoYFh06hJuw
Yes sir!

It's kind of sad to hear that EMs don't sell as well, those are the tables that I always go back to for a "quick fix"
Same here. There's a "peace" to those older tables. Last con I went to, I spent SO much time in the EM room for a break. Funnily, THEY are the ones that need ball save the most. ;)

and was that guitar metroid or something? Metroid is my shiznit. I can't remember his face name, but he said he'd love to see Tron. I'm on board with that, I think my avatar is still tron.
It is! I arrange a lot of 'troid music. And I also did a TRON album, so we are very much on the same page.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I would really have liked to hear what I think is the real reason that the Gear VR version came out 5-6 months ahead of every other version: Occulus are the "mystery backer" who ponied up for the AC/DC license.

robotronjohn77

Sep 13, 2012
I was told it was indeed Occulus AND Stern who ponied up the money. Heard it from an employee of FS at ReplayFX. I asked him if he could comment on why the kickstarter was pulled and would we see it on Steam.....

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I was told it was indeed Occulus AND Stern who ponied up the money. Heard it from an employee of FS at ReplayFX. I asked him if he could comment on why the kickstarter was pulled and would we see it on Steam.....

Oh you were there too? Darn. Not sure if we met at that time, if it was a Saturday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.