Amidst all this talk about SPA, what about TPA season 6?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I know SPA is all the rage right now, but I'm still interested in TPA too, and I'm just wondering when we will see season 6 on PS4. They're still going to do season 6 on PS4, aren't they? There's already 7 TPA season 6 tables on PC, but nothing for PS4. Is TPA being abandoned on consoles in favor of SPA or are we getting something anytime soon or what?

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
There's already 7 TPA season 6 tables on PC, but nothing for PS4. Is TPA being abandoned on consoles in favor of SPA or are we getting something anytime soon or what?
oh,yeah, dear console players, with all your new stern toys you are missing all real gottlieb fun of season 6! XD

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I would actually trade Stern Pinball Arcade for season 6 in a heartbeat. I'm just not really getting into these new tables and their over complicated rulesets.

Edit: I played a lot of Star Trek today and I think I actually like it. I didn't really play it much before the patch because of the lighting by and I'm not a big Star Trek fan, but it grew on me.

I did play a lot of Ac/DC and I don't really care for it. Mustang too (but not as much). The sound is the best pet of these tables.

I would still prefer Eight Ball Deluxe and the EM pack over any of these 3 though.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Forget graphic/lighting issues as well as bugs for a moment with TPA for PS4...

My biggest issue with the PS4 version is the slower ball speed across a number of tables compared to the real thing, and other console versions such as XBOX360 & XBOX1. The PS4 version at times feels like your playing in slow motion. It also has an effect on overall scores as a slower ball makes it even easier to obtain higher scores!

If I was on a Desert Island and given the choice of say Seasons 1-3 on either XBOX360 or PS4 I would take the XBOX360 version just on ball speed alone as I would become bored of the PS4 version much sooner. :(

Last edited:

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Forget graphic/lighting issues as well as bugs for a moment with TPA for PS4...

My biggest issue with the PS4 version is the slower ball speed across a number of tables compared to the real thing, and other console versions such as XBOX360 & XBOX1. The PS4 version at times feels like your playing in slow motion. It also has an effect on overall scores as a slower ball makes it even easier to obtain higher scores!

If I was on a Desert Island and given the choice of say Seasons 1-3 on either XBOX360 or PS4 I would take the XBOX360 version just on ball speed alone as I would become bored of the PS4 version much sooner. :(

Are all the top scores by PS4 players?

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
At this point in time I don't have a clue. Fire the game up and check would be your best bet?

The top scores are not really my concern any way. It's what "you" your self can achieve on each table..., your find the game is a whole lot easier to play on PS4 than it is on XBOX360 and your scores will reflect that between the two versions because of the difference in ball speed. Try Scared Stiff on both XBOX360 & PS4 for example, your notice the PS4 ball speed is way slower.

Not asking for pinball machine perfect ball physics, just want the speed of the ball in play to reflect that of the actual real machine which it sort of does on XBOX360 but not so on PS4 with some tables. When I last looked, the ball speed between XBOX360 & XBOX1 was more or less the same between the two versions, (my son has an XBOX1).

Last edited:

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
oh,yeah, dear console players, with all your new stern toys you are missing all real gottlieb fun of season 6! XD

I don't care about modern Stern tables; they bore the crap out of me. I play Pinball Arcade for the classic tables - basically anything without a DMD, and the more EM's the better - and I've bought every single season pass of Pinball Arcade on PS4 to support Farsight, even if I can hardly be bothered with the included Sterns. Also, since I have bought every table, my opinion should matter at least as much as yours, at least as far as Farsight is concerned.

Personally I think it's great that the Stern part has been split off into it's own game, 'cause that means I'll get more of the content that interests me in Pinball Arcade. I realize Sony charges obscene amounts for uploading updates, so I don't really blame Farsight for wanting to package as many tables as possible in each update. And since gaming on a PC doesn't interest me, I have resigned myself to patiently wait for the PS4 updates. I do think Farsight is spread too thin with all the platforms though; XBOX 360, PS3, Wii and some other platforms should really be dropped at this point - at least as far as adapting new tables to them is concerned. Offering bug fixes could of course still be done.

That said, I do wish Farsight would offer a tentative update schedule for the PS4, instead of just saying that it's "in development". I'm sure we can all already guess that much...

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm guessing that once season 6 is done, then they will slam them all at once on consoles to avoid paying fees for releasing them separately. Seeing how most of SPA was just dupes of TPA tables, I'm more interested in TPA. I really only like the Star Trek table in SPA so far anyway. I too am really anxious for the older EM tables in season 6, especially EBD.

I'll tell you though, that "fee" thing just doesn't wash to me. They didn't have an issue in earlier seasons, but it's a problem now? And I'm not really fussed about PS3/Vita anymore, just PS4.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
FarSight is showing off "Al's Garage Band Goes On a World Tour" later tonight on Twitch (DLC59), so the final table pack of (DLC60) shouldn't be far off, and that'll wrap up Season 6.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FarSight is showing off "Al's Garage Band Goes On a World Tour" later tonight on Twitch (DLC59), so the final table pack of (DLC60) shouldn't be far off, and that'll wrap up Season 6.

The final table pack of Season 6 will be Pack #61. Dr Who Masters Of Time is a "bonus" table pack (despite being numbered #58), which means there will be 11 packs in Season 6 instead of the "traditional" 10.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
The final table pack of Season 6 will be Pack #61. Dr Who Masters Of Time is a "bonus" table pack (despite being numbered #58), which means there will be 11 packs in Season 6 instead of the "traditional" 10.

We currently have all tables up to table pack 58 (Dr Who Masters of Time) that is being tested and there will be 12 tables released for season 6.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We'll make an announcement in the upcoming newsletter tomorrow regarding the release date for Pinball Arcade in North America and Europe.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Flippy, I just saw the newsletter and it is good to see that not only are the new releases due out next week, but the update will include tons of fixes to old people. Also, "new improvements down the pipeline."

I thought it was interesting that there is no mention in the newsletter of the new ui being implemented in the upcoming update. Is the new ui still planned for PS4?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.