No Match Animations and Other Authentic Touches?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Noticed on Frankenstein the Match animation no longer plays, and the exit music is not quite the same as the actual machine/emulated versions. Some might be annoyed at having to wait for it to finish before starting a new game, but others, like me, like the authenticity, and are saddened to see it removed, especially since it is present in standard PA.

The M

Aug 20, 2017
Actually it seems it was removed from the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade too. Sadly. I guess due to it's content being too adult? I wish they would add it back and polish up all of the tables as I love the game, but it's not quite as polished in the audio arena as the PS3 version. I am hoping they patch this soon as I have all of the tables.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
It wasn't because it was 'too adult'. I sent an e-mail to Farsight about it once, and they said the fact the Match animation doesn't play on both Frankenstein and Last Action here is due to emulation problems. While I have my doubts if it's true or not, they'll probably fix it someday.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
It wasn't because it was 'too adult'. I sent an e-mail to Farsight about it once, and they said the fact the Match animation doesn't play on both Frankenstein and Last Action here is due to emulation problems. While I have my doubts if it's true or not, they'll probably fix it someday.

Well, then they should have fixed it instead of removing it... :'(

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
"Emulation problems" might just mean the match animations are disabled when a machine is set to Free Play.

That should be easy to verify, just need a board member to play a game on real hardware set to Free Play mode. So if you own one, know someone who owns one, or see it at some fair in Free Play mode... please watch for the Match animation.

Members online

Members online