New Release: Pinball Parlor (Steam)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Apparently just released is a new game on Steam - Pinball Parlor. Looks to be replicating 60s/70s-style tables. Unfortunately, the first two reviews of the game are savage :( Thought people might want to hear about it anyway. And here's a screenshot:

ss_50c013a44751f7ed649d6076cbbc2a897b114030.1920x1080.jpg

Kinpin

Dec 12, 2016
Phew did you read the bad reviews on Stern Pinball Arcade release on steam..damn.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

paul.strauss

Jan 3, 2015
Phew did you read the bad reviews on Stern Pinball Arcade release on steam..damn.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yeah, sadly Stern Pinball Arcade is horribly broken. I was hoping they'd just build new machines on the existing TPA engine, but instead it's totally different and at least for me it's unplayable since the keyboard support is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
This looks so good and even though it had terrible reviews I took the plunge.

It is so bad I requested a refund. The ball wouldn't even plunge. If I flip the view the overlayed plunger image doesn't disappear. It has a portrait view, so I rotated the screen in windows, and the playfield appear letter boxed in the centre of the screen and not fullscreen. It might have potential if all this can be fixed, but the graphics seem to be lo-res (I tried flipping between the various res options). First thing to fix has to be the plunging.

I guess this was built by a lone developer who had it working on his PC with his setup, and he never tested it on any other hardware. Well it feels like that anyway. Such a shame.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
This looks so good and even though it had terrible reviews I took the plunge.

It is so bad I requested a refund. The ball wouldn't even plunge. If I flip the view the overlayed plunger image doesn't disappear. It has a portrait view, so I rotated the screen in windows, and the playfield appear letter boxed in the centre of the screen and not fullscreen. It might have potential if all this can be fixed, but the graphics seem to be lo-res (I tried flipping between the various res options). First thing to fix has to be the plunging.

I guess this was built by a lone developer who had it working on his PC with his setup, and he never tested it on any other hardware. Well it feels like that anyway. Such a shame.

Maybe it was a former Farsight employee.

Edit: good lord, that video!

What wizardry did shaderbytes channel for his tables?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts