BlahCade 82: Last Gasp 2016

Nov 18, 2016
Thanks for the podcast and updates. The toys sound like a lot of fun.

I love, love, love that theme from the Doctor Who table you have on the podcast. Love to the point of wanting to bop around town playing it through my headphones. You wouldn't happen to know how I could get my hands on a download of that theme, would you?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks for the podcast and updates. The toys sound like a lot of fun.

I love, love, love that theme from the Doctor Who table you have on the podcast. Love to the point of wanting to bop around town playing it through my headphones. You wouldn't happen to know how I could get my hands on a download of that theme, would you?
I've got quite a collection of soundtracks. PM me your email address and I'll share them.

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
Enjoyed this podcast. Thanks.

Hope to hear your views on the new Doctor Who and Gladiators tables in a future episode. I am sure Chris has a view on that lovely Gottlieb table... lol. ;-)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Enjoyed this podcast. Thanks.

Hope to hear your views on the new Doctor Who and Gladiators tables in a future episode. I am sure Chris has a view on that lovely Gottlieb table... lol. ;-)

I've conveniently forgotten that a new Premiere table came out. Who knows how long it'll be before I remember!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You need to make these more often, my boss's boss came over in the middle of listening to say I could go home early (my boss had the day off... so the responsibility got kicked up the chain!)

Somewhere I reckon I've got a bunch of my old Lego instruction booklets... little did I know what great preparation they would be for putting together IKEA furniture!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
You need to make these more often, my boss's boss came over in the middle of listening to say I could go home early (my boss had the day off... so the responsibility got kicked up the chain!)

Somewhere I reckon I've got a bunch of my old Lego instruction booklets... little did I know what great preparation they would be for putting together IKEA furniture!

Wish my boss would let me go home early for once :mad:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The link to https://stresscube.com in the show links doesn't accept https-connections. Changing it to a non-secure connection brings up a site, which doesn't seem to look to be the correct site. The correct link should be https://thestresscube.com/

Since it's not in the shownotes: The link to the perplexus ball is http://perplexus.net/

By the way, should I ever be on the podcast again, I should get a stress cube before, Jared must have had a hard time editing all my "uhm's" ;-)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
There are about 100 knock offs on eBay as well. Which is where I'll be getting mine from. For about A$10 delivered.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FYI - Stress cube is a knockoff of this.

What's interesting is, I've seen a few different sites with these, all doing various color patterns, but the Stress Cube is the only one that seems to go into details about it. It also had a kickstarter to get it up and running. Because of how in depth their site was regarding the product and the crowd funding, I assumed everyone else was the knock off. Nobody is labeling theirs "the original", that's for sure. And isn't it odd they all have the exact same widgets, but there is no patent violations?

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
What's interesting is, I've seen a few different sites with these, all doing various color patterns, but the Stress Cube is the only one that seems to go into details about it. It also had a kickstarter to get it up and running. Because of how in depth their site was regarding the product and the crowd funding, I assumed everyone else was the knock off. Nobody is labeling theirs "the original", that's for sure. And isn't it odd they all have the exact same widgets, but there is no patent violations?

The kickstarter that was up and running was for the Fidget Cube from Antsy Labs, not the stress cube y'all linked to.

Nowhere on the stress cube site is there a mention of crowdfunding and they make it very clear they have nothing to do with Antsy Labs or Fidget cube.

When it comes to one being labelled "The Original", Fidget Cube is not slapping that moniker on their product for marketing reasons, but they are the one who started the whole craze when the media covered their kickstarter from Sept - Dec.

It's really not that hard to look at the kickstarter page and read the name of the product being promoted, it clearly isn't Stress Cube.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, so it looks like you are right! I initially clicked a Facebook link, where it mentioned the kickstarter, and that link landed me on thestresscube.com so that's why I thought it was the crowdfunded one. Looking at various posts, it looks like the Fidget Cube hasn't even shipped yet. Gonna get the rug pulled right out from under them. I also noticed that there are various knock off names, and that upon further investigation some of these have empty offices or no support. I just had an issue with my Stress Cube, sent an email, and within a week (during the holidays no less) got a replacement. So it's a bit sad we are giving promotion to the knockoff, but at least I can say they backed their product.

I'd be very interested to get my hands on the real Fidget Cube, see how it feels in comparison. Be a few months though before I could even get my hands on one.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Catching up on this one. I actually started watching The Sopranos again over the holidays as well (was gifted Amazon Prime and saw it was available for streaming) and really enjoying it. Seems to hold up very well, eh? [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Catching up on this one. I actually started watching The Sopranos again over the holidays as well (was gifted Amazon Prime and saw it was available for streaming) and really enjoying it. Seems to hold up very well, eh? [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION]
Just started watching it (for the first time...) last night. 3 episodes in so far. We just switched from HBO with our cable to HBO Now, I was testing the service....

Incidentally, at least on FiOS, HBO costs more than HBO Now (19.99 per month vs 14.99 per month), and HBO Now has more content. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Members online

Members online