New LCD?

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
With Ghostbusters officially being the last traditional DMD game out of Stern (not counting remakes), will SPA support the new display across all platforms?

I got to play a tester Batman 66 last night, and while the code on it was early, what they were doing with the screen was really promising, and I'd love to get a crack at it on SPA. I'd imagine all of the video used in the game would make it a larger download, which might be a bummer for mobile platforms.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
outside of side, and not knowing nutting isnt spike a realtime linux system, the overhead shouldnt be much downscaled for mobile possibly, its like da future man!

edit - actually does anyone have any proper info on spike? id like to be more informed

BigTERP

Jul 29, 2016
I think there are higher priorities right now: improved playfield lighting of SPA/TPA tables on iOS, and adoption of better physics in older titles across all platforms. Besides the new LCD Sterns probably won't make their way to SPA for at least a year or two. Hopefully by then the software will be able to handle it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Full color software will require a lot more power to emulate and still run the game smoothly. Remember how they said the power requirements of the old Pinball 2000 games made it impossible for then-current gen systems? Even though that was one system generation ago, it's possible that not even current generation systems have the horsepower to pull it off, let alone the mobile platform.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.