Weekly Android Updates

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I hope FarSight has an update for us this weekend in the Android Market. It kinda gives us something to look forward to while we wait for the console release and first set of DLC tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Sorry for the delay in responding, but we are working hard to get the next dlc ready for the next update! Stay tuned!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry for the delay in responding, but we are working hard to get the next dlc ready for the next update! Stay tuned!

Not trying to jump the gun here, but are you saying we may have dlc available with the next update?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, can you give a little info on what possible fixes or additions we can expect with the upcoming dlc update?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
So sorry I missed this! It got pushed to another page. We are indeed on track for the two dlc tables for the next update, they are currently in and being tested as we speak. In addition to that some changes have been made to the overall flow of the application. Also, due to the massive outcry for a lack of a true "free" version we are going to offer a table of the month for free with ad support (not a banner, just a full screen ad before the actual play). We are hoping this will please the masses increasing our review scores and hopefully help with revenue so that we can keep improving the quality of the game. I have made a few tweaks to certain areas of the program (the thread scheduling for you techies out there) that seems to have helped the lag on some of the older devices. I am testing a new way to handle dlc so that users with low space on their phone can move it to their sd card without issue. An exit screen has been added for those of you that requested it =). There was also a fix that should resolve the facebook posting to wall issue. I will keep you guys posted and we thank you for your support!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Good to see you'll be offering a free table with unlimited play for those who want to take TPA for a real test drive. I believe this strategy will net more revenue for you guys as everyone will see that you actually listen to consumer feedback and requests. Most of all, thank you for implementing the exit screen as I was one of the main ones asking for this option. Thanks for the info and keep up the good work.

N

Nik Barbour

Also, due to the massive outcry for a lack of a true "free" version we are going to offer a table of the month for free with ad support (not a banner, just a full screen ad before the actual play). We are hoping this will please the masses increasing our review scores and hopefully help with revenue so that we can keep improving the quality of the game.

If you want extra revenue ideas.........

How about removing the android market filters which are stopping CyanogenMod (custon rom) users from seeing the app?
At last count there were 1.6 million users of this rom, and as far as I know most of us cant see 'The Pinball Arcade' due to the filters you use in the 'google play - android market'.
As far as I know your filters are...
1 At least os2.2
2 Open GL 2.0
3 Multi touch
4 1g CPU
5 Existing GPU
I think it is items 2 & 5 (open gl2.0 & existing GPU) that are causing the problems.

There are other apps on the market that are more graphically demanding that we can see (hence don't have your filters)(eg reckless racing 2).
As the core app is free, I would say let people download and try it, then if it doesn't work correctly, don't buy anything.
I'm not saying all 1.6 mil users are going to buy a table - but I can't be the only Cyanogen using pinball fan out there! - can I?

N

Nik Barbour

Another extra revenue idea....
Noticed most of the guys on here (myself included) are emulator fans/users.
Is 'emulator' in the key word searches for android & ios markets?
You might catch a few who aren't yet into pinball!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you want extra revenue ideas.........

How about removing the android market filters which are stopping CyanogenMod (custon rom) users from seeing the app?
At last count there were 1.6 million users of this rom, and as far as I know most of us cant see 'The Pinball Arcade' due to the filters you use in the 'google play - android market'.
As far as I know your filters are...
1 At least os2.2
2 Open GL 2.0
3 Multi touch
4 1g CPU
5 Existing GPU
I think it is items 2 & 5 (open gl2.0 & existing GPU) that are causing the problems.

There are other apps on the market that are more graphically demanding that we can see (hence don't have your filters)(eg reckless racing 2).
As the core app is free, I would say let people download and try it, then if it doesn't work correctly, don't buy anything.
I'm not saying all 1.6 mil users are going to buy a table - but I can't be the only Cyanogen using pinball fan out there! - can I?

I don't have an Android phone any more, but I used to be a Cyanogen user as well.

N

Nik Barbour

Ha, actually my phone fell out of my pocket and got chewed up by a bulldozer (true story)....so I just got a cheapo phone with no data plan to save money. I do have an iPad 2 though :)

Never heard of one going under a bulldozer before - bummer!
I put mine down on a fabrication at work after taking a picture, then someone welded the structure closed with my phone still in it. Had to cut a hole to get it out - not a mark on it! Thankyou Corning Gorilla Glass!
Got to admit (although I'm not a fan of the phones) their tablet hardware can't be touched for spec and quality. I'm actually saving for a new ipad myself (especially since TPA announced the optimised app version)

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
As it is there is no tech support but I cannot download this thing on my phone (Android) Other apps download just fine but can't download this one. I jsut wanted to try it out to see if it's anywhere near Zen's ball physics etc. I'm more interested in the PS3 (bigger screen of course)

N

Nik Barbour

You could email the Farsight support, heres the link off the Google Play Page.

support@pinballarcade.com

Not played Zen (no tegra chip - and cant be bothered with chainfire app) but TPA's physics feel spot on to me. (apart from the odd table glitch - see table bugs section).
Hope you get it working!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys just a quick update, we are getting ready to put the 1.0.5 update up on the market place, we apologize for the delay but found more issues with the new build that we anticipated. As a result some of the fixes I mentioned before had to be omitted so that we could get this content out to you this week. The move to sd card issue will be fixed I assure you, but unfortunately it caused more issues than it fixed and instead of putting out a broken build we decided to wait until the next patch to release this. The same goes for the exit screen, Android is -extremely- picky about how you exit an app and it was causing issue all over the place. However do not worry we will work on getting these issues resolved and released as soon as possible :) thank you for your support and patience!

PS, Bride of pinbot has a hud issue where older phones are being pummeled cpu wise, so if you find your device running poorly on this table please try turning the hud off via the table options menu. We plan on optimizing this for a future patch.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts