Difference between Premium and LE editions on SPA?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Besides the table graphics and the look of a few toys (particularly AC/DC's cannon), is there a difference between the LEs and Premiums, such as different rules, more balls in multiball, or physical features that significantly affect gameplay?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Besides the table graphics and the look of a few toys (particularly AC/DC's cannon), is there a difference between the LEs and Premiums, such as different rules, more balls in multiball, or physical features that significantly affect gameplay?

I believe the difference between Premium and LE tables is almost entirely cosmetic or concerns the build quality of the cabinet itself i.e. materials and finish.

Pro tables, on the other hand, are seriously gimped in my experience. I'm really not a fan of how different some of the models are because they can really alter the game in a dramatic way. I realize it is an effort to get cost down but it's not good for competitive play when you have to have very different strategies based on the model you are playing.

The biggest examples of late have been Game of Thrones, which has a a mini playfield exclusive to the Premium and Le models and a reconfigured layout to accomodate that, and Ghostbusters. After only playing Ghostbusters Pros for awhile I finally got a chance to play a Premium that arrived at a place I go. I was *shocked* by how different it was. The right side of the playfield is completely reconfigured and totally changes the flow of play and the magnetic slings have a big effect on ball control. The Premium table is also way better, way more fun. I would say Ghostbusters Pro is like a B- game and Ghostbusters Premium is a solid A.

Thankfully it seems SPA will always be doing the Premium versions.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yes, the difference between Pro and Premium seems to be widening with each new release, but so far the only time I've heard of the Premium and LE versions significantly differing was the Hulk LE of Avengers, which, in addition to a green DMD, had 6 ball multiball instead of the 4 ball mode on all other versions. With the fuss people have been making over the absence of LE choice on PS4, I thought it might be a case like that here.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
People are just irritated that the disc versions of SPA cost the same but the XB1 version offers exclusive additional content.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts