Zaccaria rubber ball

Jay

May 19, 2012
The latest update (mid-February) changed the ball's physics settings somehow, and now it's behaving as if it's made of rubber -- flying all over the table and bouncing almost uncontrollably between slingshots and bumpers. I tried playing with the physics settings to calm down the behavior, but it hasn't helped. Anyone else noticed this?

Jay

May 19, 2012
I played around with the physics settings some more. I turned the ball friction to 100%, the ball elasticity and velocity to 0%, and the slingshot force and sensitivity down to 0%. That helped a little but caused some anomalies. For instance, the ball will now enter a spinner gate and then begin wildly vibrating inside it before being spit out. But at least the game is a bit more playable.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
I figured it out. It's counter-intuitive. I set the Ball Elasticity to 100%, the Friction to 0% and the Slingshot Sensitivity to 100%. Now it's playing much more realistically.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I always get the message "Age of Pinballs may slow down your iPhone". Of course, it doesn't and runs fine. But the last modifications ASK Homework made to the game have messed it up. The ball graphics are screwy, with the ball "ghosting" and appearing visible through solid objects. Plus, the slingshots and bumpers are ridiculously powerful now and cause all sorts of havoc. And there's no way to adjust any of those settings in iOS. Even though I like the table designs, I find myself playing it less now. I'm glad that some of those tables are being re-created for the Steam collection, and in better condition.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Oh no! I didn't know this was dead on iOS. Bummer. I play it often, but didn't realize it hadn't been updated in so long. And I see that it's PC only on Steam. Darn. Hope I can get a few more years of playtime with it.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Hope I can get a few more years of playtime with it.

Same here. I've already lost several other games due to not being updated. But oddly, there are some games I've had since my first iPhone (the 3G) that still run fine. So I assume it's possible to code a game in such a way that it keeps on running. I just wish I had kept the previous iteration of AoP that didn't have the current glitches.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Oh no! I didn't know this was dead on iOS.

After the latest iOS update last week, launching Age of Pinballs now brings up a message box encouraging users to contact the developer because, starting with the next iOS update, the app will no longer function. That's also true of ASK's specialty iOS tables like Locomotion.

It appears that the next time I update, I'm going to lose literally half of the apps on my iDevices.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Curiously, I'm not getting those warnings on either Zaccaria Pinball or Age of Pinballs. (iPad Pro running 10.3.1).
But neither one has been updated since September 2015. Assuming iOS 11 starts disabling 32-bit apps, it would behoove the publisher to just give them a 64-bit upgrade. Supposedly it's just a matter of recompiling the source code.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.