Suddenly no longer playable

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
I have this game since day 1 and have bought the table pack with ACDC and Star Trek. Although PBA runs very smoothly, I had to put the resolution at 1600x900 so that the game was playable. But since then it was running fine.

Suddenly today it was running in extreme slow motion. I tried Alt+Enter, changing the settings (both with the config tool and the Nvidia tool). No luck. I restarted my computer - thinking this might be my computer.

Now neither ACDC nor Star Trek will even load. The only table I could load was Mustang which runs in extreme slow motion.

I have no clue why this might happen. I hope this gets sorted out with patches (about time!) or someone can point me in the right direction!

My specs: NVIDIA GeForce 930M, 8GB RAM, i5 (2,2 GHz).

PS: All other programs run fine (other pinball games too, smooth as always) but Cirqus Voltaire also runs in slow motion which it did not do before and Theater of Magic has problems in the lower table views. I think both PBA and Stern Pinball Arcade no longer recognize the NVIDA card and take the Intel Graphics. This has never happened before! And yes, of course the NVIDIA is set as my primary card!

Also TOTAN runs in extreme slow motion and the fly over camera slows down at points (almost to a standstill). But no other games are affected and this wasn't the case a few days ago! I have several games that would not work at all with just the Intel Graphics and they run fine. It seems that both Pinball Arcades no longer realize that there is a NVIDIA card :-( Rather I am sure about this as this is exactly how it was before I realised that I had to set this up in the NVIDIA controls. Most tables would run in PBA but not TOTAN and the rest I mentioned above. As soon as I made the setting that NVIDIA should be used for PBA it ran smoothly. I am at a loss why this has changed!

This is very annoying as again this only affects PBA and SPBA!

Last edited:

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
I found the "solution" - I had to go back to the older driver (from 21.21.13.7654 back to 10.18.135354). Both programs are working again. But in my opinion the devs should make sure that PBA/SPBA recognize the latest drivers as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.