BlahCade 90: It's like Cactus Jacks 2, with Pool

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I kept meaning to ask [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION], since I got Vols. 2 & 3 of the Pinball Compendium for my birthday... have you ever met Michael Shalhoub (author of the books) or Alan Tate (his buddy who owns most of the machines he used for pictures), given they're both Gold Coast guys? Did the Gold Coast Pinball Museum ever come to pass?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I need to correct you about the center lights on Cactus Jacks. They're not tied to the bonus multiplier, but to the current fruit/vegetable.

At the start of the game you're on Eggs. No lights are lit.
Complete the two flashing drops (one in each bank) to light the next fruit/veg and light the outer circle.
Next fruit/veg needs two drops per bank and lights the next ring in.
And so on.

Well, that's how the instructions describe it....

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I need to correct you about the center lights on Cactus Jacks. They're not tied to the bonus multiplier, but to the current fruit/vegetable.

At the start of the game you're on Eggs. No lights are lit.
Complete the two flashing drops (one in each bank) to light the next fruit/veg and light the outer circle.
Next fruit/veg needs two drops per bank and lights the next ring in.
And so on.

Well, that's how the instructions describe it....

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Will add to the errata for the next episode. 👍

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I kept meaning to ask [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION], since I got Vols. 2 & 3 of the Pinball Compendium for my birthday... have you ever met Michael Shalhoub (author of the books) or Alan Tate (his buddy who owns most of the machines he used for pictures), given they're both Gold Coast guys? Did the Gold Coast Pinball Museum ever come to pass?
I've never knowingly met the guys. I may have run into them at a meet and never connected them.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts