I Want AC/DC Pro in SPA

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
So call me crazy but I think the Pro model is more fun. I recently had the opportunity to spend some time with one and it just plays a lot faster. Lack of TNT drop targets and no lower playfield makes a huge difference. The lower playfield is boring and really slows the game down.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't think they have plans to release pro versions, as you probably already know. But yeah, there are some where I would prefer the pro version, or like to have both versions. Maybe if we keep asking?

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
The lower playfield -- as far as I know -- is only accessible for the songs with the word "hell" in the title; so I don't see the issue.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I thought it was going to be pro and then pay extra for the premium versions. There are definitely different strategies when playing on a pro vs premium AC/DC table. On some tables like game of thrones I actually prefer the pro version. Ghostbusters I am not sure because I have only played on the pros - I hear awesome things about the premium GB though - magnetic slings, subway ball routes etc.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I thought it was going to be pro and then pay extra for the premium versions. There are definitely different strategies when playing on a pro vs premium AC/DC table. On some tables like game of thrones I actually prefer the pro version. Ghostbusters I am not sure because I have only played on the pros - I hear awesome things about the premium GB though - magnetic slings, subway ball routes etc.

For the record, Premium Ghostbusters DESTROYS the Pro. I prefer it 100%. I think it's the better game, certainly more interesting.

I agree that Pro GoT is better, another wasted mini playfield that bogs down the game. It's worse than AC/DC since you end up there constantly. Maybe Steve Ritchie should lay off on those...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Most mini playfields are a letdown imo. They always look cool, then you are bored with them after a couple of games. There are a couple I do like, but not many.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Most mini playfields are a letdown imo. They always look cool, then you are bored with them after a couple of games. There are a couple I do like, but not many.

The Shadow and TZ do it best, because the mini-playfields are sufficiently different (Breakout, magna-flip).

I also like the mini-playfield in Zen's Doom pinball, even though it's just another Breakout clone. Not a real physical pin of course.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I like Swords of Fury's miniplayfield, it's challenging to clear, the rolling jackpot is really tough.

I LOVE White Water's, it's a really fun shot.

BK & BK2K are both pretty fun.

No Fear's is a tough shot, too.

Ritchie can make a solid mini playfield feature, he just hasn't with Stern.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Definitely want the Pro versions of each Stern table that has them - and also the Pabst Can Crusher version along with the regular Whoa Nellie!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts