Favorite Premier/Gottlieb in TPA Post Season 6 Redux

What's Your Favorite Premier/Gottlieb Table in TPA?

• Cactus Jack's

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Gladiators

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Bone Busters Inc.

• Frank Thomas Big Hurt

• TX-Sector

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Rescue 911

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Lights Camera Action

• Cue Ball Wizard

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • El Dorado City Of Gold

• Class Of 1812

• Victory

• Tee'd Off

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Since we've just gone through a Premier/Gottlieb-heavy Season 6, this poll is back and expanded!

The Premier/Gottlieb tables in TPA get a huge bashing. From Cue Ball Wizard to Cactus Jack's, they're almost universally lambasted with endless amounts of scorn poured over them. Surely though, there's a silver lining somewhere? A diamond in the rough? A secret favorite?

After a session playing Tee'd Off, I got to thinking. Tee'd Off isn't all that bad. Not great, sure, but at least it doesn't take itself seriously, the DMD animations aren't lame like most of the other Premier/Gottliebs, the call-outs are only slightly annoying, and even better it doesn't attempt to blow your ears off with endless guitar solos like No Good Gofers!

So, here's a poll. Vote, or don't vote. There is no "none of the above" option because this poll is all about making a hard choice! Suck it up and vote!

Note: Premier Technologies was a management buy-out of Gottlieb (at the time renamed Mylstar by its owners Coca Cola(!)) in October 1984. So only games under the Gottlieb brand from 1984 onwards count for this poll. Which is why you can't vote for Central Park, Big Shot, Jacks Open, Centigrade 37, El Dorado, Genie, Black Hole, Haunted House, or (sorry) Goin' Nuts. El Dorado City Of Gold was a Mylstar-era Gottlieb whose production was continued by Premier, so it does count.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'm going with a very unpopular choice I guess: Bone Busters Inc. Call me insane, but I actually like this table.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
TX for me. I like the shots. Also enjoy that you lose the meter if you lose a ball. Would be too easy if it didn't do this.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
so, my one voice goes to Teed Off, but I eqaully like LCA, Big Hurt and Victory. The absolute garbage award goes to Rescue 911. With CBW, CJ and Gladiators as very tight competitiors.

Badfinger

Feb 26, 2017
I really like several of them, but voted for TX Sector which grew on me playing a few hundred games to get the Special for the standard (?) goals.
Big Hurt I really enjoyed at the PHOF, never played a real TX-Sector.

For next G-Premier looking at the list at ipdb, Car Hop looks like a good choice.

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I picked TX, TO was a close second, as for the rest meh, though I'd play them all, over Black Rose any day.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
no wonder that they are keep coming sine CBW got 5 votes and is firmly 2nd. Even R911 got a vote.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Tee'd Off, followed by TX-sector and CBW. I don't care what anyone says, I enjoy all Premier tables in Pinball Arcade to some extent - except that one table that is hands down the worst, most useless and boring table in all of the game: Rescue 911

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
i LOVE Tee'd off.

Have a love hate with Class of 1812. there's nothing better than getting a long multiball going.

The season 6 tables like big hurt have promise. excited to dive in when season pass becomes available for ios.

Cueball wizard and El dorado city of gold are bottom rung for me.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Gladiators is the most fun yet, hands down. The mode timers are a bit too short, but gameplay-wise, it's probably the best one of the bunch.

Last edited:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Gladiators is the most fun yet, hands down. The mode timers are a bit too short, but gameplay-wise, it's probably the best one of the bunch.
i doubt what formula
- skip all modes
- repeat same (very safe) shot boosting beast score as long as you can (and it means VERY long)
- collect beast score
- repeat
can be called "best gameplay-wise"

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I missed the poll,but would have voted for CBW. I *love* that table (played a real one back in the day); and have always wanted a good video simulation of it. Microsoft(!) released one about 15 years ago that was a joke; and none of the Visual Pinball sims have been up to the task. The TPA iOS iteration on my iPad Pro is very playable; and the Steam DX 11 version playing on my VPcabs "Vertigo" -- enhanced by the NoEx camera mod -- captures about 80% or more of the feel of the table.

I'm very very happy that FarSight chose to include this table in TPA!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I missed the poll,but would have voted for CBW. I *love* that table (played a real one back in the day); and have always wanted a good video simulation of it. Microsoft(!) released one about 15 years ago that was a joke; and none of the Visual Pinball sims have been up to the task. The TPA iOS iteration on my iPad Pro is very playable; and the Steam DX 11 version playing on my VPcabs "Vertigo" -- enhanced by the NoEx camera mod -- captures about 80% or more of the feel of the table.

I'm very very happy that FarSight chose to include this table in TPA!
This poll will close on 03-09-2018 at 08:04 PM
so how did you missed it?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Cactus Jack's got my vote. Gladiators and CBW nearly did-great additions to TPA.

If Surf N' Safari were in TPA, it would've had my vote with no contest.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.