Pinball Arcade Version 1.17 Now live on PSN/PS4

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Here's a screen shot for Farsight devs...

TPA1.17.jpg

Please let us know what's been addressed here.

List changes you are aware of.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Creature From The Black Lagoon Texture issues are FIXED... But...

oXS0Q9S.jpg

The bulbs are dimmed.

It's supposed to look like this as it was on PS4.

Not this: (Minus the Texture problem which was fixed in this update)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTN2dYXa3CI

Audio pops and crackles are now in Medieval Madness.
Glitched glossy textures in Big Shot and Genie, plus dimmed lights. (However, this effect looks nice in Party Zone.)
Switched camera views in Funhouse and Attack From Mars

Last edited:

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Cross over bonus goal in Taxi still doesn't register in v1.18. Same goes for special goal in MB and secret passage on SS.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I doubt PAL user now on 1.18 will notice much in the way of changes as the Creature From The Black Lagoon was fine in last weeks 1.17 update. ;)

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
If people are talking about the Hologram, it was working fine with 1.17 on my machine - PS4 Slim.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
I noticed that on Dr. WHO MOT on PS4 the Ball shooter lane does not light up like it does on STEAM, when you start ball in play v.1.17 NA.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
I noticed that on Dr. WHO MOT on PS4 the Ball shooter lane does not light up like it does on STEAM, when you start ball in play v.1.17 NA.

The lighting didn't make it into the build before submission, it should be in the next update we put out (no ETA on that just yet).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Creature From The Black Lagoon Texture issues are FIXED... But...

oXS0Q9S.jpg

The bulbs are dimmed.

It's supposed to look like this as it was on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHjt2lCW5DY[/video]

Not this: (Minus the Texture problem which was fixed in this update)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTN2dYXa3CI

Audio pops and crackles are now in Medieval Madness.
Glitched glossy textures in Big Shot and Genie, plus dimmed lights. (However, this effect looks nice in Party Zone.)
Switched camera views in Funhouse and Attack From Mars

So the bulbs being dimmed are the entire reason why CFTBL, and just about every other table, are looking very dark and dull looking? Or is it something else as well?

It's such a drastic difference between the older version and this >>

I'm finding myself not wanting to play them like this. They used to look incredible and now they are so drab looking.

If it was just a setting thay needed to be raised, and they knew it was dark with 1.16 why couldn't they make the adjustment for the just released 1.17? Now I'm afraid we won't see a fix for this for another several months, likely when more tables are added. :(

I guess I don't get it. Stern Pinball had several issues with its lighting on the debut version, and then it was fixed right away. It still looks so much better than any of the tables found on Pinball Arcade.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Both Room and Bulb brightness sliders need to be recalibrated for all tables by the art team. The Bulb brightness slider needs recalibrating the most. FarSight is aware of the issue.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
If you use your old global Room Brightness setting on the latest versions your be looking at each table, (more or less) as it was before these updates. I cross checked with the disc version which has not been updated yet.

You may need to adjust the Bulb Brightness to see it as it once was.

The default brightness settings as given to us in the original 1st update from last week was:
Room Brightness - 50%
Bulb Brightness - 60%

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hopefully we can get the tables looking like this again from (2014)...

PinballArcade-CFTBL-2.png

And not like this...
PinballArcade-CFTBL-3.png

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Despite the lighting, reflection and sound issues some tables currently have, really loving the season 6 tables. Especially the older classic tables.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Despite the lighting, reflection and sound issues some tables currently have, really loving the season 6 tables. Especially the older classic tables.

I agree. The new tables look great and play very nicely.
Once they get the lighting fixed and a brighter ball option it will be incredible.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Season 1 (PAL) disc release now updated.

Like the download versions, there are two patches to be grabbed. Both were the same download size being 2.8GB
v1.12
v1.13

This fully updates the disc version to bring it inline with the download versions. I tested the whole of Season 6 (PRO) and ALL tables are working fine.

pinball_arcade_ps4_disc_v1_12.jpg

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Once they get the lighting fixed and a brighter ball option it will be incredible.

Yeah was nice to see some classic tables from the 1970's. Loving Centigrade 37!

Would of been nice to of had one Williams, Police Force especially. Maybe next time..., (fingers crossed and all that). ;)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Season 1 (PAL) disc release now updated.

Like the download versions, there are two patches to be grabbed. Both were the same download size being 2.8GB
v1.12
v1.13

This fully updates the disc version to bring it inline with the download versions. I tested the whole of Season 6 (PRO) and ALL tables are working fine.

pinball_arcade_ps4_disc_v1_12.jpg

Thanks for sharing. So with those patches are the disc versions of TPA the same as the downloadable versions?

Also wondering if anyone knows if the disc version if the Pinball Arcade Season 2 has trophies?
From what I've heard - Sony requires all disc based games to have trophy support, but the download version only has trophies for the first season IIRC. Just curious really.
PS4-PinballArcadeSeason2-vgo.jpg

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Yeah the disc version of season 1 from what I can make out looks identical to the download version, the patches were much the same size as the download version as if the whole game was updated/replaced.
Season 1 disc version knows if you have bought all the tables for the download version and if so they will be available to play via the season 1 disc install.

I have season 2 as back-up if the worst should happen 20 years from now. I have never installed it as I would be doing much the same thing as I have with season 1 all over again. Unknown to me if there are extra trophies for Season 2 Disc? Looking at the front page of the PAL manual it does mention them briefly at the bottom of page 1 but it's not solid evidence imo. Nothing on the back cover about them.
Sorry to be a pain.

pinball_arcade_season2_ps4.jpg

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012

Agreed, I might just wait to buy another season when the lighting and brighter ball gets fixed.
Enjoying playing on the PS4, just need to add more seasons because I don't plan on firing up the PS3 anytime soon.

Do enjoy how smooth TPA is on the PS4 and the ability to demo tables before purchasing. Not really into season 6.

Members online

Members online