Table and Ball Lighting issues... PS4 & XBOX1

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Could this be the answer to all our problems?

This is how Ripley's Believe it or Not looks on XBOX360.
Sorry for the linked image, best I could find...
Piccy: http://www.hbhud.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/screenlg61.jpg

I just checked out the XBOX1 version and it's almost identical to the PS4 version so this is more than just a PS4 thing... I guess PC is the same?

From what I can make out, there looks to be a whole layer of lighting that has been removed from PS4/XB1. It's almost as if a light in the room has been switched off. If you look at the above image you can see the whole back area and all down the right hand side that it's all bright and illuminated including the metal arch and the red instruction card as well as the multiball lock box lid ect. What we see on PS4 & XB1 is all this sat in the dark and this may very well be the reason why we have a dark looking ball, as if to say the ball was also linked to this same illumination.

Maybe the guys thought this lighting which effects a good number of tables was fake as to why they removed it? Like the coffin on Scared Stuff...
From this though we now have Room Brightness sliders which can be saved for each table, and they are now thinking of adding a Ball Brightness? Sure we want the Ball Brightness option because of the way it looks now, but from what I can see they took something away which made these issue??

Sure thing, these all NEW HD versions on PS4 & XB1 are not the xbox360 version so I should not be comparing but there you go... This is just an observation.

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Biggest problem is the bulb brightness has been dimmed compared to launch. Fix that, then focus on ball lighting mods. Like it has been said, just look at Creature From The Black Lagoon. It's completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Fingers crossed we see some improvements to these areas soon as that month off they had was a while back. ;)

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I just imagine them fixing the lighting, then you go to play the tables with the settings you were using before the fix and go "GAH!" at the eye-rape before you change the settings again. Heh.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts