Any Carcassonne players here?

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I feel like there is significant enough overlap between pinball and classic german style board game fanbases to warrant asking this here. If any of you plays Carcassonne on iOS, I'd love a few more people to play with. I am Fire Sauce on GameCenter. If you add me, just put "TPA" in the friend request so I know what it is.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I play every day but against the same 2 friends so I can't promise you a good game. I'll send you a request now.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Right on. I'm not very good yet, but I'm eager to improve. Accepted your friend request and sent you a head-to-head match invite. I was thinking it would be great if we get a couple more players from here to have a larger game going, comprised of all pinball fans. Come join Kevlar and I, fellows.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
For those into IOS boardgames: I heard good things about " Le Havre" No personal experience with either though.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I played the hell out of it on the 360 a few years ago, but by now I have probably forgot the rules. I keep meaning to get it for IOS but have never got round to it.

Great game though, I like Catan too, but Carcassonne is better :)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Does it have to be played real-time or can you do it old school, like chess by mail?

Friends matches are asynchronous (like chess by mail). If you start a match with a random Internet person it is real-time. But the way we're playing together already just lets each person place their tile whenever they like. It notifies you on your phone when it is your turn.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I'm downloading it to my iPad as we speak, and will also put it on my 3GS when I get it back from having a new battery installed.

Kevlar is on my game centre friends list, but yourself and Nafkert aren't, feel free to add DopedToInfinity on GC.

Do you have the expansion packs? If so do I need them as well to make everything compatible?

P.S. have you heard "we want your soul" by Freeland? I think a couple of samples in there might appeal to you :)

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I sent you a friend invite. I believe that in this app as long as I have everybody, I can start games with everyone even if you don't all have each other. But feel free to friend up, obviously. I don't have the expansions because I've always just preferred the base ruleset, but I'll be happy to grab them and play them if the group prefers it.

I haven't heard that Freeland song, but I'll check it out. edit: Yup, you're right. Very nice. ;)

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I'm back up on the Carcasonne rules, but I suck! I do like friendly competition so let me know whenever you are ready for a game, I'll practice until then :)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I'm back up on the Carcasonne rules, but I suck! I do like friendly competition so let me know whenever you are ready for a game, I'll practice until then :)

I'm still pretty poor at the game myself, but I have determined to improve. When we finish our 3-man game, I will start another with the four of us. That will give you a bit to play the AI a time or two to brush up if you like.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I'm still pretty poor at the game myself, but I have determined to improve. When we finish our 3-man game, I will start another with the four of us. That will give you a bit to play the AI a time or two to brush up if you like.

Sounds good to me, ready to go when you are! :)

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I've never played online with IOS, I presume I just wait for an invite via Gamecentre? Is that right?

Yeah, I was planning to start a four man game with you and the other guys when we finished this three man one, but it's still going. I'll just start the next one now, and we can play the two concurrently until the other one finishes. Sorry about your wait!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Theres no need to keep it to one game, I have many games going on all the time, it only takes seconds to play a move. The problem I have been having lately is router has been playing up and my wifi ipad hasn't been getting notifications a lot of the time so I keep missing that its my turn. Getting a new router shortly though.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, I was planning to start a four man game with you and the other guys when we finished this three man one, but it's still going. I'll just start the next one now, and we can play the two concurrently until the other one finishes. Sorry about your wait!

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound impatient, I'm cool whenever you're ready. :)

Just a couple of questions though, if I start playing with you guys on my iPad, can I continue the game on my phone while I'm at work or do I have to stick with the device I started the multiplayer game on? Also do I have to keep the game loaded while I wait for everyone to get ready or will I get a notification when the game is ready to start?

Cheers :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.