This Looks Like A Very Strange Table

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very interesting. I wonder whether a table like that could be brought to PA for little cost, as long as the company got a per-unit cut of the sales.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Odd that they would be releasing new EM tables in this day and age, but you can't really beat a brand new machine for $600. Sadly, it has those awful micro-flippers from the 1950's, with a wide gap between them. I do like how it uses a "box full of mellons" instead of table legs. Very clever.

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I kinda like the colorful art, rich in contrast, reminds me a bit of Earthshaker or No Good Gofers. Not really feeling the boobie-centric theme, but oh well ;)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I kinda like the colorful art, rich in contrast, reminds me a bit of Earthshaker or No Good Gofers. Not really feeling the boobie-centric theme, but oh well ;)
It's not about boobs - it's about. . . watermelons! Seriously, though, sexy women on the backglass were big in the EM era, and they are generally the ones most sought after and worth the most today, though I also prefer the more tasteful designs on those tables than what we have here. Still, this is the sort of thing that draws attention, and if you don't have a major license or huge advertising budget, you've got to stand out some how.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Watch SPECIAL WHEN LIT at some point in the documentary they mention the portraying or advertizing of women on pinball machines to lure younger males to thier machines over others and if you look at machines that are popular....YEP theres a female of some magnitude, majority not ALL!

Cedge

Mar 23, 2012
Odd that they would be releasing new EM tables in this day and age, but you can't really beat a brand new machine for $600. Sadly, it has those awful micro-flippers from the 1950's, with a wide gap between them.
To clarify: Woah Nellie is not exactly a brand-new machine, nor is it $600. What WhizBang Pinball has done, is find 4 old Gottlieb Continental Cafe machines from 1957, torn them down, and refitted them with new playfields, new art, new cabinets, and some new components. The playfield layout is a bit different from Continental Cafe, but the original internal guts and wiring are still being used (although they're apparently converting at least a couple of them to SS; I'm unclear on how that's being done). So, it's not quite a new game from the ground up, and that should explain why it has the 50s micro-flippers.

They're only ever going to build 4 of them, and as far as I know, all but one has already been pre-sold. Last I heard, they were sold for somewhere around $15,000 each. They're definitely for high-end collectors. What you saw for $600, was just the silk-screened, unpopulated playfield, which they made a couple dozen extra of to sell to collectors. Those have also been sold out since last December, though. The art is fantastic, and I wish they'd sell just posters of the playfield or something.

Anyways, hope this helps clarify things. :)

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
To clarify: Woah Nellie is not exactly a brand-new machine, nor is it $600. What WhizBang Pinball has done, is find 4 old Gottlieb Continental Cafe machines from 1957, torn them down, and refitted them with new playfields, new art, new cabinets, and some new components. The playfield layout is a bit different from Continental Cafe, but the original internal guts and wiring are still being used (although they're apparently converting at least a couple of them to SS; I'm unclear on how that's being done). So, it's not quite a new game from the ground up, and that should explain why it has the 50s micro-flippers.

They're only ever going to build 4 of them, and as far as I know, all but one has already been pre-sold. Last I heard, they were sold for somewhere around $15,000 each. They're definitely for high-end collectors. What you saw for $600, was just the silk-screened, unpopulated playfield, which they made a couple dozen extra of to sell to collectors. Those have also been sold out since last December, though. The art is fantastic, and I wish they'd sell just posters of the playfield or something.

Anyways, hope this helps clarify things. :)

Those Continental Cafe games better had not be a working unit! Never kill a old working pins!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.