Unofficial - TZ: 9.4 ROM?

Add a 9.4 Home ROM to Twilight Zone?

• Total voters

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This relates to the post I made earlier:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ues-Within-the-PC-Version?p=258147#post258147

What I'm saying is that 9.4 of Twilight Zone added some enhanced lighting effects from the previous revision. After direct comparisons, this has become a non-major issue, and that the game works properly as it should in 9.2.

However, since it still bugs me to an extent, I've wondered about the possibility about adding the Home ROM to TZ. I'd like to hear what you think about not only the implementation of the 9.4H ROM, but also potential limitations of this setting. A direct upgrade wouldn't do; there should really be something to switch back to 9.2, in case some major issue happens. (If anyone has information about scoring changes, please let me know!) Either way, it would be a neat extra. After all, TZ does end up in our "homes" in a way.

Here's the official changelog, courtesy of Planetary Pinball:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/twilight.html

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
It is an interesting idea, but why limit it is just Twilight Zone?

If FarSight is able to do ROM switching, which I am pretty certain their licensing doesn't, then all tables that have at minimum Pro Mode could have a setting for "loading" another ROM.

However, IIRC, the last time this came up there were 2 potential answers to this question. One being dead silence, and the other being that they are not allowed to use any ROMs but official ones.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
It is an interesting idea, but why limit it is just Twilight Zone?

If FarSight is able to do ROM switching, which I am pretty certain their licensing doesn't, then all tables that have at minimum Pro Mode could have a setting for "loading" another ROM.

However, IIRC, the last time this came up there were 2 potential answers to this question. One being dead silence, and the other being that they are not allowed to use any ROMs but official ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not so sure if there are other Home ROMs besides Twilight Zone. But why it is TZ for now is because of the lighting "issues" that exist in 9.2. Again, it may not be necessary, but it would be cool to see.

GET

May 1, 2016
Cirqus Voltaire has a home rom that adds LOTS of things: a second video mode, more Join the Cirqus steps, the right ramp is fixed, and more.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire has a home rom that adds LOTS of things: a second video mode, more Join the Cirqus steps, the right ramp is fixed, and more.

I forgot about CV. Now I know why the Acrobats register too early now.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
MM has the past requested home ROM with the uncensored swears at minimum.
Whiter Water has one
BOP has one

That's just OTOH

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
The ultimate home ROM is for Cactus Canyon, the programming was actually finished and from what I have heard it's a huge improvement. CC is a good playing table for Season 2, it would be really nice to have this option.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
The ultimate home ROM is for Cactus Canyon, the programming was actually finished and from what I have heard it's a huge improvement. CC is a good playing table for Season 2, it would be really nice to have this option.

That would be Cactus Canyon Continued and it's more than a ROM. It requires a P-ROC, which from my understanding, is basically a computer hooked up to the pinball machine to do the extra processing.

弹珠台

Jul 8, 2016
i think if new firmware is a free upgrade,that manufacturer no reason not provide a upgrade for virtual pinball machine
or this a paid service?if that,TPA should have a payment option for by player to decided to upgrade

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.