A question to Medieval Madness PS3

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Hey Guys,

just a quick question to the US users :) How is the Plung (Launch Ball) in MM assigned? Is it the right analog stick too? I´m asking, cause i am building a wireless pinball controller using a modified ps3 stick. Need to know it, if i have to assign a launch button.

If it is the analog stick what move do you have to do? Back and forward or only forward. If it is only forward, is it possible that the stick is always in the forward direction without plunging all the time? Would be nice if someone could test it out for me. I am building a plunger mechanic with a spring and the analog stick is always in the forward direction. This gives me some space to plung. Also the ball gets launched when i release the plunger. Just if you are curious why it has to be always in forward direction.:D

Thanks in advance.

Greetz

Groni

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Please post photos of the controller when you finish it, I'm sure others would like to see what you build.

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Ok no problem, I will do some WIP Shots when I start building. The Nudge mechanic will be a challenge, but in my Head it works :D
Also the Plunger will be a challenge to make. I already ripped off all the unimportant parts of the PS3 Controller. Only the main chipset is left.

So time to attach some wires to it :) If that works, then 20% is finished :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Ok no problem, I will do some WIP Shots when I start building. The Nudge mechanic will be a challenge, but in my Head it works :D
Also the Plunger will be a challenge to make. I already ripped off all the unimportant parts of the PS3 Controller. Only the main chipset is left.

So time to attach some wires to it :) If that works, then 20% is finished :)
You've got some serious technical skills!

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Thanks, but it´s not finished :) Maybe you should wait with that comment, till it´s finished and working :)

Kinda critical to attach the wires, cause i have only maybe a milimeter to solder the wire. One wrong move and the board is gone...

But lets see if all went good :)

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Oh Damnit! I crashed the board! Richard? Technical Skills I have?? Nope :) But hey, tommorow I´ll buy a new one. Maybe I should think about another way to attach the wires....

Groni

Jul 19, 2012
Oh good news :) I searched my second controller that I throwed in a corner, cause the L2 & R2 Buttons were weak. It´s not a original Sony, so i thought "hey the plastic buttons were weak, not the electronic" so i opend it, and
than all turned well. There is a board with directly huge silver contacts. To attach wires to that is very easy and quick :) The electronic works very well, and the analog sticks are 10 times better for my project.
So now i need sleep, and tommorow i can start to work on the wires again. I will open up a new Thread with the progress. So stay tuned :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts